Are u aware it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

20dster

Oct 8, 2004
Wondering most of the digital camera owners aware about the dead pixel in their CCD/CMOS sensors or not?

as long as it doesnt affect the pictures or just a few scattered ones. It is no big deal.

BTW this should be in the general discussion sub forum.

20dster said:
Wondering most of the digital camera owners aware about the dead pixel in their CCD/CMOS sensors or not?
If 1 dead pixel bothers u so much, why get a DSLR in the first place? U shld be shooting film! ;)

Now, what other stuff would digital wannabes be nitpicking on next?

Now's dead pixels on CCDs & CMOS.
Next would be dead pixels on LCDs.
After that they would want a perfect CCD/CMOS & LCD and if there's 5% (if detectable) of dead pixels they would be eligible for a one-for-one within 7 days.

I really sound like I'm buying an LCD monitor now. :bsmilie:

Sorry if I don't zoom my pics 200% and inspect every pixel. I can't be bothered. So what if there's 1, 2 or a few dead pixels on the sensor.

solarii said:
Sorry if I don't zoom my pics 200% and inspect every pixel. I can't be bothered. So what if there's 1, 2 or a few dead pixels on the sensor.
U noe how nitpickers want a 100% perfect LCD monitor and would stop at nothing to get a perfect cos "I paid for it"?

Now the crowd migrated to DSLRs liaoz. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
U noe how nitpickers want a 100% perfect LCD monitor and would stop at nothing to get a perfect cos "I paid for it"?

Now the crowd migrated to DSLRs liaoz. :bsmilie:
i think i'm such a person.. seriously if i paid for it I should be getting something i deserve.

however, for dead sensor pixels, it is possible to 'remap' the dead pixel so that it takes on the average value of it's surrounding pixels therefore "hiding" it. In such a case, since I can't see it, it doesn't really bother me much.

If it's going to be a dead pixel on my LCD, then I think I would be bothered by it. Personal preference I guess. I don't think that just because you don't bother, others shouldn't as well and all must follow your footsteps.

Well, if we're looking at LCDs, something which dead pixels that can't be remapped, which displays important information such as histogram & stuff like dat. Its understandable that one would want a refund and kick a ruckus over it.

But den again, our friend here is talking abt dead pixels on the sensor which can be remapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.