are there any adapters/... to "convert" normal lens into a macro?

Raynox Universal Adapter to fit 52-67mm lenses

DSC00009.jpg

Raynox 250 with universal adapter

DSC00010.jpg

wow, looks like there are other alternatives too.. but i'm kinda confused as to which to consider.
from internet review i think i'll want to go for the raynox 250 as it is universal?
are there any recommend places for me to check out? its price is around ~$130 right.

thanks! =)

Raynox Universal Adapter to fit 52-67mm lenses

DSC00009.jpg

Raynox 250 with universal adapter

DSC00010.jpg

thank you for the pictures.. nice of you..=) btw, what is the major difference btw 150 and 250.. 250 can be used for all type of lens.. but 150?
sorry i've like alot of questions.. quite new.. =)thks

haiya daredevil,
u one day dont disturb me cannot issit? i didnt ask him to buy wat.. i just ask him to go n test at penisula.. no harm trying as it only 50.. when i did e test for macro, it was gd but not for potrait or wide lens or telephoto.. its japan product n 10 yr warranty
We are here to share knowledge and help each others in this forum
in views of most of the questions are asked by people who are newbies in photography.
it is very important to provide accurate and useful answers to members who need the information.

everyone here has the right to point out any incorrect information given out, as it may mislead others and causing them making unnecessary but avoidable mistakes.

We take this very seriously, as you can see how members responded to your reply.

if you have no knowledge in this areas, but would like to make some suggestion, please indicate clearly in your post. As it is noway to the newbies to know whether this piece of information is come from an expert or just a casual remarks.

u can check on vitacon product.. gp to penisula n test b4 u buy;)

People just warned you of vitacon products (here). and you turn around and recommend it to others?

unbelievable.

haiya daredevil,
u one day dont disturb me cannot issit? i didnt ask him to buy wat.. i just ask him to go n test at penisula.. no harm trying as it only 50.. when i did e test for macro, it was gd but not for potrait or wide lens or telephoto.. its japan product n 10 yr warranty

There's nothing wrong for fadiz86 to ask TS to try vitacon....but it is really very wrong since there are expert in CS who warned him about the brand. And very very very wrong to recommend TS to go waste his time and test (worst if TS got con-and buy) when fadiz86 himself did not buy vitacon.

almost 2 years with CS and i still see loads of nice people around sharing essential knowledge/tips/information with newbies who ask the very same question posed by others before. not enough? i beg to differ guys. information with illustrative photos, recommendation to other links/sites and nice advices based on personal experiences are in abundance not only pertaining to macro lens but to other equipments as well.
don't get me wrong guys, not getting personal in here. i've had my fair share of lousy purchase before. so it's a nice personal gesture to share with newbies not to fall into the same trap again and again as we all had seen over time. some newbie even air out their lousy/wrong purchase on their very 1st posting. and when i give my thought, i get shot down in the middle.
of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. like i've mentioned before, CS is a very good platform for newbies who just started out in photography. so much to read/review/digest.
TS, the ball is in your court now. you need anything, use the search function, google it. all the best dude

The kenko extension tubes worked flawlessly for me :)

sorry but could i ask ,if the Raynox DCR 150 Macro Filter can be used on 55-200mm lens? or must be those 105m, 90m type of special lens?
thank you.
No need to be on dedicated macro lenses. Can be used on your 55-200mm lens.
Best use with lenses that are from 50mm onwards. Can be a fixed 50mm or 85mm, as long as the filter thread is between 52mm-67mm.
I use it on my 50mm, 55-200mm & 70-300mm lenses.
The DCR250 is a 8x magnification while the DCR is only 4.8 mag. Both have different working distance.
Check out the link I gave you or drop by the shop ;)

And to go to Pennisula when TS might be unfamiliar with the background of the shops there is like leading him to be conned too. An alternative which I am using is automatic focus extension tube. Got the 'meike' brand through ebay for around $70+ for metal mount (better than plastic mount). Auto af helps if you are handheld shooting under good light.

The downside is that you cannot focus to infinity and have to take off the tube. Upside other than auto af, is it comes in 3 pieces of different length so you can try all sorts of combination with your various lenses (no need to worry about filter thread size) to give it a lower minimum focusing distance. Not sure if it works on EF-S lenses as I have yet to test it out.

Furthermore if your lens has IS then you can have a pseudo macro lens with IS !

Hi!
I'm also looking for a "macro" lens.. either by using the dcr-250 or tube. But for tube, what are the good recommended brands? i'm using nikon + 18-55mm/50m/55-200mm..
any recommendation in here?
Thank you!=)

do they sell them in singapore... like those cheaper/affordable ones. but can give relatively give good images.. thanks!

slrp61 said:
do they sell them in singapore... like those cheaper/affordable ones. but can give relatively give good images.. thanks!

Yes they do. I seen a full set of extension tubes going for like $30. But really just metal tubes.

you can find cheap ones here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/macro-lens-adapter-for-canon-2325

AFAIK your DOF would be doubled using extension tubes so for example if shooting at f2.8 it's effectively making it f5.6.. depends on the length of the tube.
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

hi thanks but the link was for canon.. hmm i'm using nikon..