Archiving of ClubSNAP website by NLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending in my congratulations! :thumbsup:

Now, aiming for UNESCO for websites...:bsmilie:

Wow, I like it... :thumbsup:

Any idea which period is going into the archive?

:vhappy:so happy for CS
:cheers:and happy for all who contributed to CS's achievement
:cheergal:CS 4ever:cheergal:

Finally Our web site is part of Singapore most important web site.

Thanks to all people who work very hard to make this happened.

Well done Clubsnap. Keep up the good work.:D

A very big thumbs up to ClubSNAP for the recognition of its contribution to Singapore's heritage by the National Library Board.

I must also agree with LittleWolf and harrynkl about the copyright and legal implications.

Good to sought some legal advice on this as it involves a whole community of content creators and in CS's terms of use, it is stated that:

12. Legal ownership - Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither ClubSNAP nor its owners or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on these forums.

Hence ownership of content becomes an issue—a tricky one I may add. It may seem a little cold blanket and nit picky to say all these but it is useful to take a step back and look at the situation in sum. I am sure all of us here do not want to see a situation in the future as a result of the ground rules and agreements not being properly set out from the onset. The works contain in this forum are, ultimately, the properties of, and owned by the contributors (i.e. CSers).

For those interested, the Copyright Act and the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore's website may help shed some light on the intricacies in matters as such.

Do give the agreement that NLB sends you, a very good read (I assume that they are going to, if not, asking for one is a fair request—in fact a must—if they want to archive CS), and consider getting your lawyer friends or even fellow CSers who are in the legal business to provide the right professional advice on this.

In any case, I am pretty sure that with or without archival, Clubsnap will continue to grow and become an even stronger community in years to come. :)

A very big thumbs up to ClubSNAP for the recognition of its contribution to Singapore's heritage by the National Library Board.

I must also agree with LittleWolf and harrynkl about the copyright and legal implications.

Good to sought some legal advice on this as it involves a whole community of content creators and in CS's terms of use, it is stated that:

12. Legal ownership - Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither ClubSNAP nor its owners or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on these forums.

Hence ownership of content becomes an issue—a tricky one I may add. It may seem a little cold blanket and nit picky to say all these but it is useful to take a step back and look at the situation in sum. I am sure all of us here do not want to see a situation in the future as a result of the ground rules and agreements not being properly set out from the onset. The works contain in this forum are, ultimately, the properties of, and owned by the contributors (i.e. CSers).

For those interested, the Copyright Act and the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore's website may help shed some light on the intricacies in matters as such.

Do give the agreement that NLB sends you, a very good read (I assume that they are going to, if not, asking for one is a fair request—in fact a must—if they want to archive CS), and consider getting your lawyer friends or even fellow CSers who are in the legal business to provide the right professional advice on this.

In any case, I am pretty sure that with or without archival, Clubsnap will continue to grow and become an even stronger community in years to come. :)
Seriously,

do they archive our photos published here also?

Congrats and this is good news for CS as well. :D

Seriously,

do they archive our photos published here also?

Depends i guess.

If it is screenshot, the photos are part of the screenie and will be as much resolution it actually looks in the screenie.

But if they save the html (or in this case the php) pages, yes, the photo is archived too, albeit as a separate image file (i.e. jpg or gif or whatever) at the size at which it is linked to display here.

Think the impt point here is that, the agreement that CS is going to have with NLB must protect the ownership and intellectual properties of all CSers, moderators and members alike, whether it is their photos, avatars or even postings. :)

Not sure if this is a really big deal coz my friend's local online shop also received the same email from NLB in June.

I think NLB is just trying to consolidate online sites in Singapore for easier web references.

Can charge them a not?:think:..to fund for new servers..lately quite laggy surfing CS..
$1/snap shot..:bsmilie: HUAT AH!!!

Congrats..

Wonder will kopitiam be achive too?

NLB....huat ah!:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.