architectural + cityscapes photography #11

Have a good break Kit and seeya next year :)

Participants
1) thoongeng
2) loneWolff
3) nitewalk
4) SkyStrike
5) NikonSG
6) SpiderSG
7) Bala
8) determinedtolearn
9) thaur
10) Eddie77
11) krishnak
12) flyfox

Reserves
1) ivypin
2)
3)

Dear Kit,

Thanks for your effort.
I like to join but looks like to be on reserve now.

Participants
1) thoongeng
2) loneWolff
3) nitewalk
4) SkyStrike
5) NikonSG
6) SpiderSG
7) Bala
8) determinedtolearn
9) thaur
10) Eddie77
11) krishnak
12) flyfox

Reserves
1) ivypin
2) Ernest
3)

Last edited:
Folks, we will be joined by some friends of mine whom are pretty experienced cityscape photographers in their own right. I've increased the size of the group to 12 but I'm afraid that's the best I can do without sacrificing interaction time. Hope you guys can understand. Will be away for the next few days for a long-awaited break. Will provide more updates when I'm back after X'mas. Cheers!

Participants
1) thoongeng
2) loneWolff
3) nitewalk
4) SkyStrike
5) NikonSG
6) SpiderSG
7) Bala
8) determinedtolearn
9) thaur
10) Eddie77
11) krishnak
12) flyfox

Reserves
1)
2)
3)
I like to join in too, thanks
13)tengk

Can i still join the outing? i really like to learn from you guys.. :)

Participants
1) thoongeng
2) loneWolff
3) nitewalk
4) SkyStrike
5) NikonSG
6) SpiderSG
7) Bala
8) determinedtolearn
9) thaur
10) Eddie77
11) krishnak
12) flyfox

Reserves
1) ivypin
2) Ernest
3) tengkiat
4) calderion

Hi folks! Am back. As with previous sessions, I'm sharing a list of things to bring along for #11. Some are necessities, some are nice to have.

The necessities...

1) Camera. This can be a compact, rangefinder, SLR, DSLR, medium format, large format, etc. Preferably with a Bulb mode for longer exposures.

2) Lenses, if you are using rangefinder, SLR, DSLR, medium format, large format, etc. A relatively wide angle lens i.e. 18mm to 24mm(in 35mm terms) is recommended. However, you are free to bring any lenses you deem fit.

3) Tripod. You will be taking photos in low light condition so expect long exposures. A sturdy support is important.

4) Filly charged battery(ies). Long exposures will drain battery power.

The nice-to-haves...

1) Spirit leveller. Preferably a dual axis one. The hotshoe mounted ones are nice for levelling your horizons and verticals. Or you can use your camera's built-in electronic leveller if it comes with it.

2) Wired or wireless remote release. Alternatively, you can use the camera's built-in timer.

3) Torchlight. You will be setting up in a relatively dark environment so that could come in handy.

4) Filters. Polarisers, NDs, etc you may have.

5) Nodal rail. If you have one and plan on doing panoramas.

6) Drinks and munchies. If you are like me, who can't function without eating every 2 hours, consider bringing some snacks and drinks. Potato chips and coke work for me. We usually end the session around 8 to 8:30am and will then go for breakfast.

This is an informal session and I hope everyone will enjoy the company and if you do pick up a trick or 2 in the process, treat it as a bonus :) See ya!

Folks! Please check this thread early tomorrow morning for the latest update. Weather permitting, I should be confirming the session around 5am. Meanwhile if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Have a blessed year ahead!!

Yup, me too, so that I got another chance to learn from you again. :)

Can I know how u all go there ? If by car, where to park ?

I'm going by cab, if anyone stays near tiong bahru, drop me a pm if you'd like to cab pool. :)

Can I know how u all go there ? If by car, where to park ?

I should be taking bus...
Guess you can park at the car parks around Esplanade... Esplandade itself looks like more expensive, $2/hr, nearby Suntec or Marina Square around $1.10/hr

I should be taking bus...
Guess you can park at the car parks around Esplanade... Esplandade itself looks like more expensive, $2/hr, nearby Suntec or Marina Square around $1.10/hr

So early got bus reach there? o.0