Architectural + Cityscape Photography #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can try to check back on friday night or early morning.
in case of some last minute pull outs~
:)

Folks!! I have received feedback on the problem of "over-subscription" for the sessions. I thank everyone for their interest and will be looking into making some changes for the subsequent sessions, hoping to provide more opportunities for folks whom had not attended ACP before to join us at least for once.

One thing I won't be changing is the group sizeas I would like to talk to everyone in attendance and try my best to answer your questions. The last thing I want would be not being able to even remember your faces or struggling to figure out who is in the group and who's not!

Here's what I think I would do for the next session.

1) Limit the no. of oldies(folks who had participated in previous sessions more than once).
2) Increase slots for newbies(folks who will be participating ACP for the first time obviously).
3) Maintain a reserve list only for newbies so even if an oldie can't make it to the session, a newbie will take his/her slot.

This arrangement will probably need a few rounds of fine tuning but I hope it will address the issue. Lastly, as I have no control over who can sign up for the sessions since it based on first come firct serve basis, the best I can do is to ask you to check these threads regularly!!

1) Limit the no. of oldies(folks who had participated in previous sessions more than once).
2) Increase slots for newbies(folks who will be participating ACP for the first time obviously).
3) Maintain a reserve list only for newbies so even if an oldie can't make it to the session, a newbie will take his/her slot.

This arrangement will probably need a few rounds of fine tuning but I hope it will address the issue. Lastly, as I have no control over who can sign up for the sessions since it based on first come firct serve basis, the best I can do is to ask you to check these threads regularly!!
:think:
will a independent shooters list, prolly a small handful, surface?

1. wildcat <-------
2. nmaishari
3. zelot
4. coolthought <-------
5. divingnemo
6. Numnumball
7. musichelle
8. frostyintrepid
9. korbidp3k
10. idiosynkrasia
11. dacteo
12. stanhong
13. Scubagolfer & Mrs
14. Shutterwarrior
15. Jacobs
16. ENDorphins
17. Elmoo
18. Dleugene & Mrs
19. Polarbear
20. LomoPhotographer

Reserves:
1. Scoop
2. SunburntSG
3. Jeffid
4. r00ki3
5. Jonathan Ang
6. Joshua Tan

Can create New group for teaching assistance so more newbies can join?

Actually, what I would really like to see is those whom are experienced enough to start organising sessions on their own. Like I said, I'd like to converse with everyone attending my sessions so I do have to limit the no. of participants per session even with the help of other guides.

I'd like to say that 20 is a bloody huge group. For me it's already unmangeable - I don't know how Kit does it!

I think it's a good idea; I myself am trying to regulate myself from signing up too quickly next time also, unless got something that I really want to go for (e.g. the archi-walk session). The problem is, there's still so much to learn that even though we're more regulars ones, we still wanna go to learn more new things (I'm now on the topic of differentiating highlights, shadows, while seeing light in a different way and how to capture details of the buildings instead of just a collection of a bunch of lights)

Also too old to organize outings, but will try to help out ZCA or Dingaroo in their outings also. Scared teach wrong thing :sweat:

Last edited:
1. wildcat <-------
2. nmaishari
3. zelot
4. coolthought <-------
5. divingnemo
6. Numnumball
7. musichelle
8. frostyintrepid
9. korbidp3k
10. idiosynkrasia
11. dacteo
12. stanhong
13. Scubagolfer & Mrs
14. Shutterwarrior
15. Jacobs
16. ENDorphins
17. Elmoo
18. Dleugene & Mrs
19. Polarbear
20. LomoPhotographer

Reserves:
1. Scoop
2. SunburntSG
3. Jeffid
4. r00ki3
5. Jonathan Ang
6. Joshua Tan

Can create New group for teaching assistance so more newbies can join?

Ehhhhh... teaching assistants are still the more experienced ones like YS and CK. For us, it's more like, doing our part to help out the more newbie ones. There's still a huge gap from becoming teaching assistants. The total group number actually does not include the Mrs (two of them) and YS and CK.

Ehhhhh... teaching assistants are still the more experienced ones like YS and CK. For us, it's more like, doing our part to help out the more newbie ones. There's still a huge gap from becoming teaching assistants. The total group number actually does not include the Mrs (two of them) and YS and CK.

So we will be expecting somewhat 25 strength turnout tml.. :bigeyes:

Will suggest splitting up in 2 groups with CK taking half and YS taking another while KIt oversee everything.

So the workflow is easier and more manageable..

Last edited:
Still no pull outs xD enjoy yourselves tmr! I pre-sign up the next one ! Haha

1. wildcat
2. Scoop
3. zelot
4. coolthought
5. divingnemo
6. Numnumball
7. musichelle
8. frostyintrepid
9. korbidp3k
10. idiosynkrasia
11. dacteo
12. stanhong
13. Scubagolfer & Mrs
14. Shutterwarrior
15. Jacobs
16. ENDorphins
17. Elmoo
18. Dleugene & Mrs
19. Polarbear
20. LomoPhotographer

Reserves:
1. SunburntSG
2. Jeffid
3. r00ki3
4. Jonathan Ang
5. Joshua Tan

Couldn't make to this outing, my place goes to Scoop.... I hate working in IT industry, need to attend conference call with Houston team ....

This is luck ..:cry:

Weather shows it's cloudy tomorrow, hope it clears so that the sun's rays can be seen :)

All the best to all shooting! Happy hunting :)

Weather shows it's cloudy tomorrow, hope it clears so that the sun's rays can be seen :)

All the best to all shooting! Happy hunting :)

Urgh... just got back not too long ago. Now trying to pack/recharge batts, find SD cards... hope I don't miss anything. Oh wait.. where is my spirit leveller??!!?!
ninja.gif

Hope for cloudy day tmr... haha. I am mood spoiler but I've been trying to take some dramatic cloud sky shots.

Hmm, then a surefire way to ensure clouds is to .... wear your clothes in reverse, superman style?

Just make sure the last piece on the outside ain't red!

Hehehehe ....

Me not shooting or even organizing it, and yet can't sleep.

Hey Kit and gang, sorry for the extremely late notice.. I can't come later.. Am fatigued from coughing fits which are making me insomniac.. I thought it was still plausible to come but I think I need to try and rest..

Very sorry to SunburntSG as well for the urber last minute notice as well..

1.wildcat
2. Scoop
3. zelot
4. coolthought
5. divingnemo
6. Numnumball
7. musichelle
8. frostyintrepid
9. korbidp3k
10. SunburntSG
11. dacteo
12. stanhong
13. Scubagolfer & Mrs
14. Shutterwarrior
15. Jacobs
16. ENDorphins
17. Elmoo
18. Dleugene & Mrs
19. Polarbear
20. LomoPhotographer

Reserves:
1. Jeffid
2. r00ki3
3. Jonathan Ang
4. Joshua Tan

Big sorry to Kit for the inconvenience and SunburntSG for the last minute notice.

1. wildcat
2. Scoop
3. zelot
4. coolthought
5. divingnemo
6. Numnumball
7. musichelle
8. frostyintrepid
9. korbidp3k
10. idiosynkrasia
11. dacteo
12. stanhong
13. Scubagolfer & Mrs
14. Shutterwarrior
15. Jacobs
16. ENDorphins
17. Elmoo
18. Dleugene & Mrs
19. Polarbear
20. LomoPhotographer

Reserves:
1. SunburntSG
2. Jeffid
3. r00ki3
4. Jonathan Ang
5. Joshua Tan

Couldn't make to this outing, my place goes to Scoop.... I hate working in IT industry, need to attend conference call with Houston team ....

This is luck ..:cry:

Really appreciate finally being able to make it to the top list, but sadly I will not be able to make it as I've caught the flu bug and the notice is really a little too last minute. :cry: my apologies

Hope I can still join you all next time.

Have a great shoot all.

Hey Kit and gang, sorry for the extremely late notice.. I can't come later.. Am fatigued from coughing fits which are making me insomniac.. I thought it was still plausible to come but I think I need to try and rest..

Very sorry to SunburntSG as well for the urber last minute notice as well..

1.wildcat
2. Scoop
3. zelot
4. coolthought
5. divingnemo
6. Numnumball
7. musichelle
8. frostyintrepid
9. korbidp3k
10. SunburntSG
11. dacteo
12. stanhong
13. Scubagolfer & Mrs
14. Shutterwarrior
15. Jacobs
16. ENDorphins
17. Elmoo
18. Dleugene & Mrs
19. Polarbear
20. LomoPhotographer

Reserves:
1. Jeffid
2. r00ki3
3. Jonathan Ang
4. Joshua Tan

Big sorry to Kit for the inconvenience and SunburntSG for the last minute notice.

Too bad that I am still no.1 in the reservation list. :cry:

How's your shoot today ? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.