Apple iBooks and Powerbooks

Which Apple notebook are you using?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalis

Feb 25, 2002
Bukit Batok
Just wondering, any users in here using the iBook or Powerbook?

I'm using an Ibook..
but thinking of upgrading to a powerbook.. in time to come..
if manage to save enuff... hehehe aim the new G5

Mathew

I'm using a Rev B 1ghz 12" Powerbook with Superdrive.....and waiting for yet to be released G5 Powerbook ..... hopefully there's one.

ichris said:
I'm using a Rev B 1ghz 12" Powerbook with Superdrive.....and waiting for yet to be released G5 Powerbook ..... hopefully there's one.

Don't think it'll be soon as Apple had announced that it was quite difficult to get the G5 processor to fit into a notebook, with heat problems and all that.

depending on what you are using the notebooks for.

the G4 PBs are good enuf for most applications (including basic vector modelling and rendering). The thing you have to worry about is the amount of RAM you can buy <- freaking expensive :(

Proud owner of a PB 15" :D

I have a 14 inch iBook G4 and a 12 inch PowerBook G4....

One thing I noticed is that with Airport Extreme cards installed in both computers, I get better reception on my iBook than my Powerbook..... the same goes for the Powerbook 15 inch....

So it is one down for the Powerbook......

Anyway, both are good notebooks and have become my way of life after work....

i have a 1 1/2 year old 800 mhz ibook with 640 ram. im thinking about selling it for an imac g5, but maybe ill buy an additional PC.

btw, students could get $350 off for Apple ibooks and powerbooks according to an advert in Life today.

NikLeica said:
I have a 14 inch iBook G4 and a 12 inch PowerBook G4....

One thing I noticed is that with Airport Extreme cards installed in both computers, I get better reception on my iBook than my Powerbook..... the same goes for the Powerbook 15 inch....

So it is one down for the Powerbook......

Anyway, both are good notebooks and have become my way of life after work....
Maybe the aluminium casing of the PBs shielded the RF too much? :p

sniperD said:
the G4 PBs are good enuf for most applications (including basic vector modelling and rendering). The thing you have to worry about is the amount of RAM you can buy <- freaking expensive
I managed to get additional 512MB for $99 together with a 12" PB at the Comex show. Very good price. :)

Regards
CK

12" PB Alu, 1Ghz, 768MB Ram, Superdrive. :D

Waiting for the new Imac G5 to replace my peecee desktop.

Anyone else getting the Imac?

Red Dawn said:
Hi

me! i'm a nearly one week old convert...

pb 12" with superdrive :D

Haha BH! so you bought after all! Got the same stuff as you did, at NUS price with additional 256mb RAM and 3 yr local warranty FOC.

Awaiting my order of a 1GB RAM stick from US. Will let you guys noe how it goes.

Hold your horses...
Just to ask, why is the RAM for PBs expensive?

Isn't the rams used those SO-DIMM DDR-RAM modules that you can find in SLS? Or do you have to buy them from Apple only?

my 15" alu pb serves me well, great iphoto, great experience running the slideshow on the beautiful screen !

Just had mine upgrade to 1GB Hynix RAM, great!

just got my 12" ibook today,now charging the battery,can't wait to explore it hehehe..
i got the 20G ipod for $198 after the $350 "kelong student" discount too,but have to wait for stock to come in.

mac design looks really cool man.. :D

mpenza said:
btw, students could get $350 off for Apple ibooks and powerbooks according to an advert in Life today.
REALLY ?

fridays ?

cool !

sorry ah..too excited

Haha Reddawn! I've yet to see your new pb! ;p
Good for you lah... i cannot use a pb due the my work nature. :dunno: .. just bought a pc laptop haha :embrass:

greg said:
my 15" alu pb serves me well, great iphoto, great experience running the slideshow on the beautiful screen !

Just had mine upgrade to 1GB Hynix RAM, great!

How much did you pay for the 1GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.