Apple has released 10.5.3 as an update to Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you Mac users, Apple has released 10.5.3 and it's available in Software Update.

There are quite a few stability fixes, including fixes for wireless support.

I've been running it for about 3 hours and it seems better, though the performance still isn't as good as 10.4.10 seemed to be. Slow and stable beats crashing quickly any day. :) Besides, it only took 6 months. :eek:

????

so far my MBP not dead yet ..... hope the fixes are good..

only thing so far that's irritating me the hella sh!t is the battery life....its dropping like crazy...

....... okay...problem is i set my comp to best performance coz i do quite intensive DI ...... :s

Any obvious bugs in the new patch?

????

so far my MBP not dead yet ..... hope the fixes are good..

only thing so far that's irritating me the hella sh!t is the battery life....its dropping like crazy...

....... okay...problem is i set my comp to best performance coz i do quite intensive DI ...... :s

You don't have it set to automatic when you're on battery and best performance when you're using the power adapter?

Any obvious bugs in the new patch?

I haven't encountered any problems yet, but I'm sure there is something new. They always introduce some new problem.

I haven't encountered any problems yet, but I'm sure there is something new. They always introduce some new problem.

Hehe. Totally agree with you man...

It still hasn't solved my long-running WiFi problem. From time to time, my MBP will absolutely refuse to detect my own home Airport Express network, while my 2-year-old Powerbook G4 does so in an instant. :thumbsd: It's in one of those phases now, and I've to resort to using a network cable direct from my router. Such a hassle.

The irritating: "Your Wireless network has been compromised" feature is still bugging me.
Whenever I conenct my WM6 PDA to my Vista desktop, my macbook will go offline for 1 minute.

And still can't detect OTG USB drives.

I've not had another incident. In fact, I'm finding improvements almost everywhere. :)

You two are the only people I've seen still having wireless problems, but I suspect there are many things that have not yet become public knowledge. I understand that Adobe are pointing fingers at Apple over direct saves from Adobe applications to network drives.

Apple might be working up to 10.5.15 this time.

will it solve the problems of wireless transfer? i must try and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.