Appeal for witnesses. Cyclist hit by hit-and-run white car

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheoDR

Oct 19, 2006
Appeal for witnesses: A cyclist friend got into a hit-and-run by a white car near SPC petrol kiosk along Adam Road (direction towards Thomson) at around 5am on Saturday, 22nd Feb 2014.

He apparently bounced off the windscreen, so there should be a white car with a cracked windscreen.

Some details from his wife:

"We were along adam rd. After spc. Opp Japanese association. The car hit him from behind. Then (the car) exited pie
Very fast. We could not get number plate. Only know white car."

Link to pic of my friend's totaled bike. Car identified as Audi.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152223423251100&set=a.10150283852196100.353902.553726099&type=1

Please PM me or make a police report should you have any information. Thanks!

Appeal for witnesses: A cyclist friend got into a hit-and-run by a white car near SPC petrol kiosk along Adam Road (direction towards Thomson) at around 5am on Saturday, 22nd Feb 2014.

He apparently bounced off the windscreen, so there should be a white car with a cracked windscreen.

Some details from his wife:

"We were along adam rd. After spc. Opp Japanese association. The car hit him from behind. Then (the car) exited pie
Very fast. We could not get number plate. Only know white car."

Link to pic of my friend's totaled bike. Car identified as Audi.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152223423251100&set=a.10150283852196100.353902.553726099&type=1

Please PM me or make a police report should you have any information. Thanks!

The car entered the PIE. not exited it. And your friends were cycling. just stating "cyclist" describes your friend as a cyclist, but not cycling at the moment

Such mistakes could make people feel that your friends were walking/cycling along the expressway.

This matter seems settled SPF has a lead. However, it is best not to push one's luck by purposely riding at 4.50am when it is still dark and speeding motorists assume the road is unobstructed.

He hit my friend around 4.50am thereabouts not far from the SPC station in the direction of Lornie Road.

James Woo Thank you all. It heartens me to see there are many concerned people from all walks of life, sharing this post with the hope of catching the culprit. An update: police report had been made. One of our cycling buddy spotted a parked white Audi A4 with a missing headlight washer cover missing and some scuffing/light damage to the front right fender. The car was found in the vicinity of Bkt Batok which happens to be the direction which the driver drove towards when he entered PIE (Tuas). Picture of the car (with the license plate no.) will be passed to the SPF for their (prompt... hopefully) follow up.
8 hours ago · 2

James Woo Dear all,
Our SPF did not disappoint, there is a break in this case. Will keep everyone updated when we have more details. Thank you.
2 hours ago · 4

This matter seems settled SPF has a lead. However, it is best not to push one's luck by purposely riding at 4.50am when it is still dark and speeding motorists assume the road is unobstructed.

Especially when the driver could be returning home after a night long drinking session :(

Read that there is a break in the case. Will close this thread for now and let the investigators do their job. TS, let us know if you want it reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.