AP shot today

Elite77

Aug 17, 2009
Sembawang
www.wix.com
Went for a walk today. Met Bryan, Gryder and Captain AP. Shot with olympus E-520. Sigma 150mm lens. Metz mecablitz15 ms-1 and built in flash fired with DIY diffuser. Settings 1/60-180. F16. ISO 100-200

4430599433_9c9cdd9038_o.jpg

#2 Must thank Bryan for holding this on his Wimberly hand
4430599435_9b5758c0e7_o.jpg

4430599449_05d26a3d2a_o.jpg

4430599441_297c6e666a_o.jpg

4430599453_c9d3c855cd_o.jpg

4430599445_28db2fe54f_o.jpg

#7 Shot with natural light
4430617965_a4454fb90b_o.jpg

#8 Trapped. I release her of being a prey after the shot.
4430617975_94c61508bd_o.jpg

PS: No animals was harmed during the shot

Last edited:
Good shots.

Nice shots, now so much sharper and light are better. Keep shooting.

Nice series! Focus and lighting is good. Watch out for the background. sometimes you see the messy BG after the shot. so change the angle or remove the distractor (if possible) to get better BG.

Composition wise, ask what you want to show the viewer. e.g. for #1, main thing is the action shot. the surroundings do not add to the scene. Tighten the crop to draw attention to the subject. compo for #5 is nice as its eye level, but the flash is abit harsh.

Note: for the butt, if its stuck, let it be stuck....though you may think you freed it, but you also deprived another of a meal. If its man-made, its another thing, take pics and leave behind footprints....

nice shots.

Nice series! Focus and lighting is good. Watch out for the background. sometimes you see the messy BG after the shot. so change the angle or remove the distractor (if possible) to get better BG.

Composition wise, ask what you want to show the viewer. e.g. for #1, main thing is the action shot. the surroundings do not add to the scene. Tighten the crop to draw attention to the subject. compo for #5 is nice as its eye level, but the flash is abit harsh.

Note: for the butt, if its stuck, let it be stuck....though you may think you freed it, but you also deprived another of a meal. If its man-made, its another thing, take pics and leave behind footprints....

Picture #1 was the only shot i have before it let go of the prey when i tried to move in and get close to get a better shot. The liZard was also the same. Will take note of the flash power the next time bro... Cos was testing out new set up just now but i guess it works pretty well. Even lighting.

Will take note of the butt thingy...

Picture #1 was the only shot i have before it let go of the prey when i tried to move in and get close to get a better shot. The liZard was also the same. Will take note of the flash power the next time bro... Cos was testing out new set up just now but i guess it works pretty well. Even lighting.

Will take note of the butt thingy...

Ideal if you take the shot as it is, but you can crop to better compose the pic.

think the lightings had improved alot ever since u juz started. try to work on the composition, distracting backgrounds. U can juz observe the subject & how u gonna capture it, setup the gears & then move-in slowly to shoot it :)

think the lightings had improved alot ever since u juz started. try to work on the composition, distracting backgrounds. U can juz observe the subject & how u gonna capture it, setup the gears & then move-in slowly to shoot it :)

Thanks SY. Thinking on how to put another external flash together with the ring flash. But before that need to get a good ball head. Any to recommend? Markins?

Nice shots bro, take note of the pointers above and u will improve with time and practice..all the way :)