Aoraki/Mt Cook, NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuts

Jan 21, 2002
www.roving-light.com
Mt Cook is New Zealand's tallest peak. Known as Aoraki by the Maori, it is snowcapped whole year round. I walked the Hooker Valley Track, one of the more popular tracks in the region, which gives generous views of Mt Cook and the surrounding mountains/glaciers along the way.

CRW_0528.jpg

CRW_0533.jpg

You'll be amazed how Mother Nature sculpted the rugged raw elements to give you such tranquil landscapes. Here, the terrain casts a serene reflection on Mueller Lake.

CRW_0563.jpg

The track ends at Hooker Lake, the terminal lake of the Hooker Glacier. Basically, the lake is formed by thawing ice from the glacier. Here, large chunks of glacier ice is still floating around while another tramper gazes on Mt Cook (not in picture). My Casio Pro Trek registered abt 6 degrees celsius... Brrr!

CRW_0548.jpg

The track took 4-5 hrs. After completing the track, I had *just* enough time to do another track. The Glencoe track, if done during sunrise or sunset, you'll be rewarded with nice alpenglow! Highly recommended, took only an hour!!

CRW_0584.jpg

..NuTs..

very nice.. sharp and colors properly shown...

pic 2 is my fav.! :)

Retro,
u were there for study? I've already posted a couple in this subforum, u may want to take a look

Thanks melly, Freed,
its taken with a Canon EOS10D with a variety of lens

..NuTs..

Status
Not open for further replies.