Anywhere to get a Dynax 7 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeez

Apr 16, 2002
North
Visit site
Thinking of upgrading from my D5 to this body,
aAnybody knows where to get this body in SG?

Thanks.

Skeez said:
Thinking of upgrading from my D5 to this body,
aAnybody knows where to get this body in SG?

Thanks.

Cathey Photo ..... but damm expensive.

Skeez said:
$1250 for body only? Does it include Vertical grip?

No, no vertical grip. .......

I also think Alex Photo is selling one second hand for $950 ........, no vertical grip either.

Oh no... Did Minolta stop production for the Dynax 7? Will there be a replacement 35mm camera?

grado said:
Oh no... Did Minolta stop production for the Dynax 7? Will there be a replacement 35mm camera?

Quite reliable source said they have stop the production line already. If necessary, they will start the line again if the demand is still there.. I think there are too much stock in the market earlier.

Anyway film SLR market must be very slow now.

deslim27 said:
Quite reliable source said they have stop the production line already. If necessary, they will start the line again if the demand is still there.. I think there are too much stock in the market earlier.

Anyway film SLR market must be very slow now.

Well, there'll always be die-hard film shooter... like me!! :D

The_Cheat said:
Well, there'll always be die-hard film shooter... like me!! :D

kekeke.. I say slow mah.. I never say totally stop hor.

(OT)

Actually, I think manufacturer prefer us to buy DSLR than SLR.. live span of SLR can be easily 10 times a DSLR. So they cannot sell as many as DSLR.

Although I have a DSLR, I hope there will be a film revival... Its a pity for film or film SLR to go, whatever the reasons... Things doesn't look good for film nowadays, especially in Singapore... Some photolab don't even do negatives anymore...

grado said:
Although I have a DSLR, I hope there will be a film revival... Its a pity for film or film SLR to go, whatever the reasons... Things doesn't look good for film nowadays, especially in Singapore... Some photolab don't even do negatives anymore...

Well, the film market is definitely shrinking, with a lion-share of film users, i.e. the "professional" going digital. We'll definitely see more and more photolab shutting down in Singapore, or converting to do more digital printing than film processing. However, film is here to stay! Prices will increase with less and less service providers developing and processing films, and with the film producers cutting down their production of film products. But the film market is still churning up profits. Why kill it off?

deslim27 said:
kekeke.. I say slow mah.. I never say totally stop hor.

(OT)

Actually, I think manufacturer prefer us to buy DSLR than SLR.. live span of SLR can be easily 10 times a DSLR. So they cannot sell as many as DSLR.

I think the manufacturer prefer us to buy compact cameras, not DSLR. Cheaper to manufacture, and more demand for them than DSLR anyway! :bsmilie:

The_Cheat said:
Prices will increase with less and less service providers developing and processing films, and with the film producers cutting down their production of film products.

Yeah.. my favourite slides getting more and more expensive ;(

The_Cheat said:
But the film market is still churning up profits. Why kill it off?

Some predict that film will be a niche market like current MF system in the future.. will definitely be still around.

BTW, we are OT liao! :bsmilie:

deslim27 said:
Yeah.. my favourite slides getting more and more expensive ;(

Some predict that film will be a niche market like current MF system in the future.. will definitely be still around.

BTW, we are OT liao! :bsmilie:
you can be our official OT Detector. :bsmilie: j/k. ;p

Drudkh said:
you can be our official OT Detector. :bsmilie: j/k. ;p

I am only a OT warning system, before official OT detector (you know who) get involve.. :bsmilie: j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.