Anyone with W1 pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cosycatus said:
So how's the quality of the pictures as compared to ixus 430???
I really can't decide btween this two.
Anyway, sim lim's selling W1 at about $680 .

Yup, I bought it at 680 at MS.

cosycatus said:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s410_samples.html
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/w1_samples.html

Sample images. compare the one of the playground. The colour in the sony one is quite bad leh. Is it an accident or really a show of sony camera ill adaptness at taking photos?

Anyway, is there a scenes mode in W1?
heard that it doesn't have exposure correcting abilites..

In what way is the colour bad? Sometimes being less saturated does not mean that it is bad.

holeinone said:
In what way is the colour bad? Sometimes being less saturated does not mean that it is bad.

Frankly, i also dunno. That's why posting it out for experts to give their opinions. I am deciding between this or the ixus 430.

cosycatus said:
Frankly, i also dunno. That's why posting it out for experts to give their opinions. I am deciding between this or the ixus 430.

So if you don't know, better not to speak in such terms of a camera. Try it first.
It is very difficult to judge other's pictures when you do not have the details in front of you, speed, aperture, light conditions etc. The mistake of a photographer does not always imply the murder of a cam.

Regards

arty said:
So if you don't know, better not to speak in such terms of a camera. Try it first.
It is very difficult to judge other's pictures when you do not have the details in front of you, speed, aperture, light conditions etc. The mistake of a photographer does not always imply the murder of a cam.

Regards

arty: aiyah, sorry if i tread on anyone toes here. Relax a bit. i was merely putting out two pictures for people to compare and make judegement. Of course, everyone else, like me SHOULD be free to make his/her comment regarding the quality of the pics here rite? even if it is an amateurish attempt.

And erm, well, the pictures are taken by a rather established DC reviewer. He takes nearly the same objects for the SO so many cameras he has reviewed. I am sure, being a DC reviewer, he should be quite a competent photograhper rite? That being so, he should be taking quite good pictures with the proper settings. I am sure he'll put the best pictures he has taken as sample pics because the intergrity of his website depends on it.

Anyway, lets all be objective here....

mr steve takes photos of the same objects. however, he cannot possibly take an outdoor photo at the same time for all cameras. this means that the lighting condition (eg cloud cover, time of the day, time of the year) will be different. that is why when camera reviewers really want to compare two cameras, they try to take the photos at the same time one after the other. for this case, look closely at the shadows of the two pictures.

so why do people like steve still take photos of the same place then? they do so for other reasons like details, barrel distortion, purple fringing, focus, sharpness, etc.

holeinone said:
I think only Sony is being adventurous and design savvy enuf to incorporate such a big LCD screen. Mind you, it's not easy to have such a big screen squeezed into such a small form factor. Compared to the tiny LCD size that the Canon A80 has, this is a worlds apart. I would love to have a big LCD over a tiny one anytime.

For a person like me that has loads of MS, it certainly makes sense for me to have the W1. Oh btw, for the 1st time, Sony is including the 128Mb stick in the package. So now there is no excuse for not buying one bcos of expensive MS.

To me, Sony puts up more than a good fight for Canon. I am a Canon fan too.

The sony website only mention 32MB MS. You got a 128MB MS?

Does the $680 from MS come with the extra stuff from Sony like Bag, 128MB MS?

yup and any1 got latest quotation from MS, AP or Cathay can pls post here too.
Please include the bundle and if the price include GST.

kohweekuan said:
yup and any1 got latest quotation from MS, AP or Cathay can pls post here too.
Please include the bundle and if the price include GST.
A shop at Chinatown selling aroung 670 inclusive of gst....can get all the free gift too like the 128 memory card...

bearycute said:
A shop at Chinatown selling aroung 670 inclusive of gst....can get all the free gift too like the 128 memory card...

thanks but i personally will trust the reputable shop like MS, AP, Cathay when it comes to buying these devices.

there a big debate over W1 or P100 in dpreview forum and they seems to favour p100 more cause they say better quality pic (though both uses same lens and CCD)

any comments on these 2 camera?

Thanks! :D

Bobo said:
p100 using carl ziess Sonar Viario lens right?

yeah, same as W1 and the CCD also same.
but read from other forum that p100 take better picture (werid)

Status
Not open for further replies.