Anyone with kahshare car sharing company.

Roboflame

Sep 20, 2010
Australia
Hi aii,

I just got my class 3 driving license and looking to register for car sharing service. I only found out that only kahshare allow p plate driver to sign up.

I would like to know anyone from here use that service. How is the service? and Damage policy?

I tried to find on google.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi aii,

I just got my class 3 driving license and looking to register for car sharing service. I only found out that only kahshare allow p plate driver to sign up.

I would like to know anyone from here use that service. How is the service? and Damage policy?

I tried to find on google.

Thank you for your help.

oh crap. i had no idea. if i had i would have signed up when i got my class 3 license 30 years ago.

:(

oh crap. i had no idea. if i had i would have signed up when i got my class 3 license 30 years ago.

:(

30 years ago??? Auntie Keiko, how old are you??

I used to use the predecessor of this scheme (Honda Diracc) 4-5 years ago and only stopped when they abandoned the programme. The old scheme was more flexible for me (you could just go pickup a car if available, no need to declare rental period). This new scheme seems like a combination of Honda Diracc and the NTUC Car Coop scheme (also abandoned, and now apparently taken over by carclub).
Overall service was good. One thing I like about the Honda scheme over the NTUC one was that they had more 'ports' (pickup/return locations) in town. The locations seem to be the same for the new scheme.

As for the T&Cs, check their website - KahShare - Your friendly car sharing service.

7.2 Members are required to access website for Proprietor’s current excess. Proprietor may demand payment of this excess in advance of repair estimates and repairs regardless of fault of drivers involved. The balance after deductions will be returned to the Member no longer than six(6) months after case is closed as agreed by all parties involved.

KahShare - Your friendly car sharing service.
d) Are there any hidden cost for insurance?
Insurance policies are borne by Kah Motor. However, the member will be liable for the excess amount of $1500 should an unfortunate accident happen.

If you're not familiar with the term 'excess' in auto insurance, it's the max (well, not necessarily max -- read the T&Cs thoroughly) you pay if you are liable for the damage. So if you cause an accident and the total claims come to $6000, YOU pay the first $1500, the insurance company pays the rest. This is a simplification of the scenario of course. Insurance can be tricky. Follow the rules about reporting etc, or you could pay for it. Insurance may also not cover negligence, stupidity and deliberate acts of damage. And the excess may be changed.