Anyone seen these double bikes ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincecarlo

Dec 24, 2006
Very interesting sight I saw today @ lunch time. A double bike extention. They look like bike packers as they had everything with them. Njoy ;)

Pix tajken with PnS Fuji F20, uncrop & untouch

DSCF17371.jpg

DSCF17381.jpg

DSCF17391.jpg

DSCF17401.jpg

wonder hw they get dwn and up e bike.. stop near railing? :confused:

saw the first ang mo guy cycling alone near Sunshine plaza in the middle of the night.
think they have to use ladder! :think:

:eek:

How on earth are they going to stop and stable themselves at traffic lights !

Maybe u can ask those Stompers or CSI edmwers at HWZ

nice to see ang moh trying to be funny. :bsmilie:

Interesting.

Saw their bikes parked at a HDB block somewhere near hougang/serangoon below on Sunday ... :think:

Seen them a few times, once along High Street and another time along YMCA there. They do turned a few heads on the streets!

nice catch :bsmilie:
but seem can pose some danger to the traffic if they cycle in the middle of the road, worry if the fall :rolleyes:

Maybe they dun stop... slow down as much as possible but not stationary... must be very good cyclist...

Guessed they will always go in pair in order to hold/support each other when they stop.

I agree with U, they always in pairs. If they hold on to each other, then it's 4 wheels on the ground.

Noticed there is 4 of them, 3 on the double stacked on bicycles. 1 on the normal bicycle. My guess is they take turn and rotate the bicycles. The 1 on the normal bicycle is probably the 'support' crew to help them up & down ;p

Saw them at Orchard Blvd about 2 wks back. Was afraid they'll hold on to my car at traffic light. Surprisingly they just came down their tall bikes at the red light. Managed to take a pic using hp while waiting. It was in the night and they didn't hv lights though.

Seen 2 of them at The Bencoolen last Sunday. A guy is from Bulgaria and the lady from Romania. They mentioned that they were earlier stopped by police for busking without permit, and were told to apply for it at MICA.
They said on high bicycles, they can be seen from far and they too can see further infront. Seen them getting onto their bicycles effortlessly.

A month or so ago, I saw these same few people in Penang. I guess they made it down Peninsula Malaysia to Singapore safely.

Just wondering why do they want their bicycle modified in such matter? Anyone know the reason?

Top of the World Feeling with great view ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.