anyone own Sony Clie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderlilz

Jun 2, 2002
hErE lAh
Am thinking of buying a sony clie.Does anyone have any experience with clies?

lavenderlilz - I just bought a NX70V and it's great ! It's a full on multimedia machine !

I'm still trying to come up with creative uses of this CLIE together with my Sony F717 camera.

One of the immediate benefits is that you can take the MS from the F717 and pop it into the CLIE and use the CLIE to view (and edit) photos and videos taken by the F717.

cheers,

senhwei

Try this site and it's forum.

http://www.cliesource.com/

You should be able to find a wealth of info on Clie PDAs.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by denizenx
why asking? bday gift? hehe

ya to meself! hehehe

ok, seriously, not sure lah - cos its alot of money!

trying to decide to get the SJ30 or T665

I own NR70V/G.

It has an on-off memory detection prob, I dont know if this prob exists in the newer batches. Other dislike abt Clie is expensive and limited storage capacity of Memory stick. I can only store abt 32 mp3s in the 128mb stick. I have a colleague who owns (I think) Fujitsu PDA that supports 1GB microdrive!

Also, Sony is coming out with the memory stick Pro in the near future. Although the storage capacity will be increased to 256MB, 512MB and 1GB, will the current memory stick devices support the new memory stick Pro? Will Sony release FOC drivers for existing memory stick users? Or, we will need to pay to upgrade? Or, worse, there will be no support at all? (Anyone knows which?) :)

Other than the above 'dislikes', I am still a happy user of my Clie, it is a good organiser of my life ;) and I listen mp3 from it everyday to and from work! :)

Originally posted by senhwei
lavenderlilz - I just bought a NX70V and it's great ! It's a full on multimedia machine !

I'm still trying to come up with creative uses of this CLIE together with my Sony F717 camera.

One of the immediate benefits is that you can take the MS from the F717 and pop it into the CLIE and use the CLIE to view (and edit) photos and videos taken by the F717.

cheers,

senhwei

Hi

Got a question. Can the NX70V use third party compact wirless Lan card? or it must be a sony.....

Originally posted by Minority
Got a question. Can the NX70V use third party compact wirless Lan card? or it must be a sony.....

Nope, must be a Sony.

Hehe.. SOny is very proprietary one you know. Me got NR70... but haven't fully utilise the functuins yet......

Originally posted by Silverelf
Hehe.. SOny is very proprietary one you know. Me got NR70... but haven't fully utilise the functuins yet......

we~ll, It (must be) 's a Sony...
you subscribe to Sony or not at all... except AA batteries ;p

me use T665C :D

pen too small
jog dial too small
up and down button too small

otherwise its a great pda

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
me use T665C :D

pen too small
jog dial too small
up and down button too small

otherwise its a great pda
heh, me using T615C, a bit older model, pen too small, jog dial ok for me, up n down button can't see ;p

if possible try to get NX one, hehee.... :devil:

Lav,

Must it be a Sony ? Understand that Palm is coming out with a new Tungsten W, that is if u like the Palm platform, expected to be out in Feb 2003.

If u like Pocket PC devices, HP is coming out with 5450, with blue tooth and wifi inbuilt.

Expect to pay S$1k to 1.2k.

US$800 is a bit too much to pay for a PDA w/o built in wifi.

Tungsten W runs OS 4, IIRC. :(

Tungsten T at $888 is simply not worth the money. Overpriced. Might as well get the CLIEs or add a bit more and get an iPAQ 3970. And they don't give you a free MP3 player for nothing - it's because Tungsten T doesn't play MP3s YET.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.