Anyone knows where i can get a cheap & good thermometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raine

Jul 10, 2004
Hey guys, anyone of you know where i can get a cheap and good thermometer for checking the temperatures while i process my black and white films? It doesn't have to be the super elaborate kind lah, like metal and tall and skinny and stuff. I'm just looking for something simple, cheap and good! Burnt all the money on the film and chemicals lah..
Many thanks! :D

-raine

Try Konota lar, I got mine there.

raine, i have a thermometer that i can give you. you can meet me at my office to collect, but will have to be 2 weeks time as i will be out of town for work.

Alan

raine said:
Hey guys, anyone of you know where i can get a cheap and good thermometer for checking the temperatures while i process my black and white films? It doesn't have to be the super elaborate kind lah, like metal and tall and skinny and stuff. I'm just looking for something simple, cheap and good! Burnt all the money on the film and chemicals lah..
Many thanks! :D

-raine

Ruby Photo. There is one that's sort of brandless, long(good for stirring your developer) and is easy to read from because there is a sort of bend near the top. $10 IIRC. Measures 20 deg c to 30 deg c. Good enough for B&W use.

Broke mine photographic thermometer and got this, better than mine previous one which was more expensive IMHO.

Wow! hey many many many thanks guys! :) Appreciate the generous offers and good advice! :D i'll be looking foward to greater temperature controls man! Thanks so much. i'm touched.. *Sniff*

or get those probe type, like those they use in coffee bean and starbucks to check milk temperature.

Find these more sensitive and responsive, and just need to put it in and the dial shows you all the reading like a clock.

canturn said:
or get those probe type, like those they use in coffee bean and starbucks to check milk temperature.

Find these more sensitive and responsive, and just need to put it in and the dial shows you all the reading like a clock.

ya, the probe can be used to bake the cake as well. but much more expensive.

sumball said:
ya, the probe can be used to bake the cake as well. but much more expensive.

Wah, but i wouldn't want to bake a cake after i've used that thermometer man! :bigeyes:

raine said:
Wah, but i wouldn't want to bake a cake after i've used that thermometer man! :bigeyes:

tats wat i told nelson too. i dun wan to poison myself. :bsmilie:

Just clean the probe with water lah! A good cleansing is fine......

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
Just clean the probe with water lah! A good cleansing is fine......

Hong Sien

as mentioned, i wont risk my life ( more than one life if I share the cake with others :bsmilie: ) for price of lesser than $50 (think the probe is about $30+).

sumball said:
as mentioned, i wont risk my life ( more than one life if I share the cake with others :bsmilie: ) for price of lesser than $50 (think the probe is about $30+).

Anywhere that sells a dial /probe thermometer for less than $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.