Anyone in the currency field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Heard there will be a S$ depreciation very, very soon ..... true? :think:

I think they didnt say to depreciate S$, but say to set a lower trading band. The objective should be to depreciate S$ to make our export become more attractive I guess.

Last edited:
Heard there will be a S$ depreciation very, very soon ..... true? :think:

This has been going on for a while since the financial crisis, if you have been tracking lens prices especially on us websites you would have noticed that the us/sgd rates has gone from below 1.40 to the current 1.50-1.55 range and for those checking HK lens prices the exchange rates from close to 5.5 to the current 5.1 ish. Some other currencies like the aussie and the korean won have however suffered a significant larger amount of depreciation. Aussie for example have gone from 1 aud to 1.25 sgd to the current level of around par ie 1:1 or there about. Hope this helps, if you want technical details and official stuff, I am sure you can find them on the MAS website.

Last edited:
I think they didnt say to depreciate S$, but say to set a lower trading band. The objective should be to depreciate S$ to make our export become more attractive I guess.
it looks obvious that S$ will be weaker soon ...

So if my friend got close to a million Euro to settle in 30 days time (credit term), should he book the Euro rate now or hope for a weaker Euro in a month time? :think:
It was about 1.93 not too long ago and now it about 2.01 ....:sweat:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.