Anyone here keeps a photo blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
I came across a few recently and was very impressed by their dedication to photography. Some even have this a photo a day thingy on their website. Anyone here doing that as well? I find this real inspiring.

Falcon said:
I came across a few recently and was very impressed by their dedication to photography. Some even have this a photo a day thingy on their website. Anyone here doing that as well? I find this real inspiring.

Hey Falcon,

Any idea if the ones you'd seen are running on mySQL or are they XML based?

:light: Maybe the Clubsnap admins should make BLOGs available to the Clubsnap webspace subscribers to include in their sites! :gbounce:

If they do! I will be the first to sign up! been meaning to find a "bao ka Liao" site that can do both photo and blog siting.

petaflopz said:
Hey Falcon,

Any idea if the ones you'd seen are running on mySQL or are they XML based?

:light: Maybe the Clubsnap admins should make BLOGs available to the Clubsnap webspace subscribers to include in their sites! :gbounce:

install graymatters or movabletypes loh.. this 2 are pretty good blogging s/w. as long as clubsnap server support php, perl, mysql and gives u a cgi-bin shld be able to work.

carrot^ said:
install graymatters or movabletypes loh.. this 2 are pretty good blogging s/w. as long as clubsnap server support php, perl, mysql and gives u a cgi-bin shld be able to work.

don't think that Clubsnap servers support/provide mySQL services... do they? :think:

i'm not sure. u have to ask the admin. Gallery 1.3.3 doesn't make use of mysql. so they might not provide. Anyway, my advise to you if you are going to use blogger is to back up ur template. i was using blogger before i switch to movabletype. blogger always have down time and worse still, they lost my CSS template. that make me moved to movabletype.

petaflopz said:
don't think that Clubsnap servers support/provide mySQL services... do they? :think:

carrot^ said:
...Anyway, my advise to you if you are going to use blogger is to back up ur template. i was using blogger before i switch to movabletype. blogger always have down time and worse still, they lost my CSS template. that make me moved to movabletype.

good call... will go back up my template right now! thanks!

Din know u need to know so much to do a photo blog. :embrass: I thought it is like an online photo journal and can be coded with normal html. Seems like u need to let visitors leave comments to be considered a photo blog?

i have one but not undated everyday . hah heck not even actual photos just snaps. u can go look at it. click on the snaps section :)

link

i thought you mention a photoblog

PhotoBlogging is like writing diary with a photo to accompany it. Of coz you can code with normal HTML but it will be too tedious. hence a blogging s/w will come in handy as you only need to set the formatting once (as in template) and all the dates/time stamp are done for you. you do not need to care about the fomatting blah blah blah.. comments are optional. if you juz wanna simply wanna post pix, i would recommend gallery which is a very good photo showcasing piece of s/w.

you can use other blogging s/w to use as a photoblog. free services like www.livejournal.com or www.deadjournal.com will be nice but u need a webhost to hotlink your pictures.

Falcon said:
Din know u need to know so much to do a photo blog. :embrass: I thought it is like an online photo journal and can be coded with normal html. Seems like u need to let visitors leave comments to be considered a photo blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.