Anyone heard of Patmos Imaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yymun

Nov 23, 2003
tanglin
Visit site
Has anyone heard of the above company before? My son's nursery school has engaged them to be the photographer for their class photo but I can't seem to find any details about this company. I had asked the school a few standard questions regarding the photography sessions as well as the copyright issues and they do not seem to be able to answer my questions. They had firstly assured me that the studio does not have the rights to the pictures but yet when I asked them for a soft copy, they refuse due to the protection of rights? I'm lost. So who's rights? The studio's?:think:

it is a common practices that, portraits studios do not return negative/original images to customers, if you wish to buy the images, you have to buy it at a premium price.

and the schools are paying very little for the class photos, this is the way ensure they (studios) can generate more income from additional purchase of prints.

btw, the copyrights does belong to the photographers.

if they use our photo for their own ad or profile and make $$ w/o inform the model:angry: . we could use legal action again them?:think:

general guild line:

they are not allow to resell the images,

if they use it for their in house display, they may or may not consent the "models" for using them, since it is not showing to general public.

most professional photographers know where the boundaries are, will not use/ sell image without proper release for print ads or what whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.