Anyone going for the All Stars Concert at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
got 5566? if got then i go take pics go home let my mother see..keke =)

should be..if going, best is to bring digicam and gear up for some crowded sweat =)

Oh not again! Always have to work at the wrong weekend. Have to give it a miss this time. Enjoy!...

:sweat:

Any guide on how to shoot during a concert?

webstop said:
Any guide on how to shoot during a concert?

Yah i need some guides too really...just came back from the concert and the pics are not that great. Can anyone give me some pointers?
I knew the lights were not that good and i'm using the free canon tele lens, so i just set the ISO to 1600 and hope for the best shutter speed possible ( i set to AV mode )
For Huang Pin Yuan's part i just focus and shoot, and the pics were blur most of the time.
For Xin Xiao Qi and Zhang Yu's parts, i tried locking the exposure on their faces before i shoot, i thought this would be better coz the shutter speeds were much higher ( 1/320 secs compared to the previous 1/80 secs from the first part). Although the pics are not tack sharp, they are generally better. SO did i do the right thing? was my way to solve the problem coorect? thanks

Huang Pin Yuan is my fave among the 3...very sad that his pics are not good :( :( :(

Some tips from me:

1. Shoot in RAW. If you shoot jpeg, the clipping off of the highlight colors would be significant. When you convert to jpeg, watch out the highlight colors, don't lose too much red/green/blue. Also need to fine turn the mid-tone. Increase saturation/contrast a bit, but don't overburn the highlights.

2. When lighting is good, use Av; otherwise M model f2.8~4, 1/125s, Flash +1/3~1.3 etc.

3. Use off-center point to get focus. One-shot mode. As these singers don't move radically (unlike RnR bands type), one-shot is practically enough. Recompose and shoot.

4. If you use IS lens (as I did), good for you. Otherwise 1/125s still can give u reasonable sharpness. Monopod is difficult to be deployed in the crowd.

5. If you can be close, that's the best condition. Otherwise crop your shots.

My series is at: http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=731952&posted=1#post731952

actionman said:
Yah i need some guides too really...just came back from the concert and the pics are not that great. Can anyone give me some pointers?
I knew the lights were not that good and i'm using the free canon tele lens, so i just set the ISO to 1600 and hope for the best shutter speed possible ( i set to AV mode )
For Huang Pin Yuan's part i just focus and shoot, and the pics were blur most of the time.
For Xin Xiao Qi and Zhang Yu's parts, i tried locking the exposure on their faces before i shoot, i thought this would be better coz the shutter speeds were much higher ( 1/320 secs compared to the previous 1/80 secs from the first part). Although the pics are not tack sharp, they are generally better. SO did i do the right thing? was my way to solve the problem coorect? thanks

Huang Pin Yuan is my fave among the 3...very sad that his pics are not good :( :( :(

some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.