Anyone getting rid of their 11-22??

Status
Not open for further replies.
major_tom said:
btw, was at CP awhile ago and ended up $800 poorer...bought the fl50 and a slik able 300dx tripod (max 5kg support).
played with the 11-22mm and as I was abt to take out my NETS card, i said a prayer and viola, the evil temptation was gone.....i am a free man for now....will be in Shanghai in march....i may succumb to temptation by then....:embrass:
Major Sir,
How much you spent on the FL-50 ? Apparently you sold the FL-36 already.. :(
Was wondering why everybody is selling their FL-36 and getting the FL-50. hmmz

major_tom said:
SH, if u r new to this hobby then I dunno what & how I shld grade myself????
I dun even know the basics that's why i dare not post my pics here.....whatever i take, it is under-xposed. Most of my shots had to be picasa'ed.

Anyway, i saw the malta shots in the other thread and i was speechless & breathless......completely blown away by the sharpness and colours.... :thumbsup: damn tokong!

major_tom, thank you very much for your generous comments. I started my digital photography with a sony p&s (roughly 5~6 years back). Wasn't really putting much attention to things like picture compositions, apperture, etc.

It's only last december, my wife and I decided to go for DSLR as inspired by pictures of a friend's dslr (canon 20D). ... somehow, I purchased the E-500, as it's reasonably priced, i figured that it's good for newbie like me who starts to learn about those things that i don't usually pay much attentions to....

sorry for starting my own story telling. anyway, my point is, i'm new, truely new. but, what i did is keep learning. I pay a lot of attentions on nice pictures taken by others, try to figure out why it's so nice, and so appearing, what's capturing my attentions and so on... then, keep those ideas in mind, and try to apply to my own shootings... i kept practicing, and experimenting.... in just one month since I got my camera, i have shot more than 3000 shots... others may laugh at me... but, i can't help it but to keep practicing to perfect my skills...

major_tom said:
...whatever i take, it is under-xposed. Most of my shots had to be picasa'ed....

sometimes, I think it's ok to underexpose (i may be wrong). This is one of my shot while experimenting with the "Low Key" exposure in E-500.
How do you feel? I purposely set the exposure compensation to -1.7 (i think). The contrast has made the subject stands out in the dark.

# Glow of Metal #
M1203883.jpg

M1203882.jpg

What do you think?

Enjoy shooting, as hacker said (or someone else, forgot ;p ), be confident in yourself. Post pictures to get critiques, then, learn from the valuable comments.

:)
~ S H ~

Raptor1 said:
Allow me to recomend,
Try using ACDSee 8.0 pro as a viewer/resize programme. Its quite fast, and it supports Oly Raws too. For other more advance editing, nothing beats PS CS2.

Noise Reduction - Personally i used Neat Image, and it worked pretty well for me. There are also profiles avaliable for E-500 downloadable from its homepage. Works as a plugin for PS CS2.
Thanks Raptor1, thats very informative to me. Atleast i'm able to narrow down the options available.

Hacker said:
The shadows below the fisherman can be quite distracting for me...overall, gives a nice feeling about him and the sea.

Thank you! Hacker. Good to get your comments (as you are one of my inspiration too!;) ) Would you suggest to crop the picture?

shchow said:
Thank you! Hacker. Good to get your comments (as you are one of my inspiration too!;) ) Would you suggest to crop the picture?

For a start, don't crop anything. You will quickly learn very fast what is and what is not good composition.

hmmz.. ok. own up.. who started this 11-22mm craze!

Raptor1 said:
Allow me to recomend,
Try using ACDSee 8.0 pro as a viewer/resize programme. Its quite fast, and it supports Oly Raws too. For other more advance editing, nothing beats PS CS2.

Noise Reduction - Personally i used Neat Image, and it worked pretty well for me. There are also profiles avaliable for E-500 downloadable from its homepage. Works as a plugin for PS CS2.

These are the two software I have invested in. My wife was still studying last year when I got my CS2, so I got the educational license :) which is around $480. Quite reasonable as the CS2 will basically handle all your imaging processing needs, except noise reduction.

I bought neatimage cuz it is the cheapest noise reduction software which works as a CS2 plugin and supports CS2 batch processing. BTW, neatimage 3.11 for MAC is out recently and one of the bugs is found by me :) They were very helpful in their email correspondence :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.