Anyone downgraded from Win Vista baq to Win Xp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone install vista service pack 1 ? Is it stable ?

Running on Vista Service Pack 1 with UAC disabled and it's pretty stable. 4gb of ram installed but Vista 32bit can only see 3.25gb being I have a 512mb GFX card and part of memory addressing is allocated to it. End of the day it just takes a matter of getting used to as satay16 rightly pointed out. :D

lsisaxon: :bsmilie:

95009342.jpg

Running on Vista Service Pack 1 with UAC disabled and it's pretty stable. 4gb of ram installed but Vista 32bit can only see 3.25gb being I have a 512mb GFX card and part of memory addressing is allocated to it. End of the day it just takes a matter of getting used to as satay16 rightly pointed out. :D

lsisaxon: :bsmilie:

95009342.jpg

What do you mean UAC ?

What do you mean UAC ?

User Account Control, Thats the dark screen (Secure Desktop) that requests your permissions each thing u make system changes. Although that accounts for security in Vista, disabling that alleviates my 'grief' of having to click allow permissions whenever I rename files etc.

On a side note, disabling that may expose your pc to vulnerabilities if you do not know what you are doing. Hence disable at your own discretion. :)

Yes, I do, "Upgrade" my Vista to a much user friendly XP.

The only set back I have [perhaps is my Toshiba M500] the DVDR is not working properly. Not able to copy properly. This is M500 fault,

Yes, "upgrade" to the traditional proven version of xP with your 2GB RAM.

Cheers

sianz, still no xp sp3

The reviews I read from the States when they ran the beta testing of the SP3.....normal users will not benefit much from it.

Those who will benefit are big companies with features that benefit those enterprises and those who were using older XP way back that is still using SP1 or 2 and have not done so after which..these SP3 will serve like a roll-up of all the hot fixes put together and you are doing a fresh install of your XP. It is like going into window updates and spend hours getting each hot fix installed. With SP3 you just get all the fixes up to date. Thus if you have been updating your OS till down...you already have what you need to keep your OS running as smooth or stable as window gets heheh..

School say must downgrade :bsmilie:

how do i downgrade my vista??... juz install xp over it??... or do i need to do a format?? :bigeyes:

tried d/l vista sp1 with microsoft internet explorer.... 3 times... all 3 times hang... used mozilla to d/l... no problem at all... hmm....

I remember reading about the EOL deadline is now set at June 2008.

how do i downgrade my vista??... juz install xp over it??... or do i need to do a format?? :bigeyes:

tried d/l vista sp1 with microsoft internet explorer.... 3 times... all 3 times hang... used mozilla to d/l... no problem at all... hmm....

Due to the way Windows' OS work and the DRM and anti piracy nonsense that comes with vista or XP, your only option is to format your HDD and reinstall the "new" XP heheh...

is XP still sold off the shelf now? if yes, any news till when it will be sold?

XP is still pretty hot and you can find OEM version of it at a number of shops in Sim Lim Sq or Funan. Don't need to get the boxed version lah...why pay more. The OEM version is just as easy to install on a new system or a system that you have just reformatted.

vista SP1 stable leh. not as bad as i tot on my 2.4 , 2g ram.
turning off UAC is a must , very irritating.
widgets useful tho take up some memory.
not so bad lah!

XP is still pretty hot and you can find OEM version of it at a number of shops in Sim Lim Sq or Funan. Don't need to get the boxed version lah...why pay more. The OEM version is just as easy to install on a new system or a system that you have just reformatted.

Can you buy OEM version without a purchase of new pc or notebook?

the question should be
anyone
UPGRADED from Vista to XP

Can you buy OEM version without a purchase of new pc or notebook?

If you have been to Sim Lim Square you would have no problem coming across shops selling oem version of it. It is just a shrink wrapped cd with a manual...there is no box to it. Not sure how much it cost...the home edition use to go for about $125 and the XP Pro is about $200+

Is it possible to have a "dual" boot system which I can install both Vista and XP and I choose which OS to boot upon power on?
:)

The reviews I read from the States when they ran the beta testing of the SP3.....normal users will not benefit much from it.

Those who will benefit are big companies with features that benefit those enterprises and those who were using older XP way back that is still using SP1 or 2 and have not done so after which..these SP3 will serve like a roll-up of all the hot fixes put together and you are doing a fresh install of your XP. It is like going into window updates and spend hours getting each hot fix installed. With SP3 you just get all the fixes up to date. Thus if you have been updating your OS till down...you already have what you need to keep your OS running as smooth or stable as window gets heheh..

actually with SP3 they implemented some user friendly things...when I click the centre scroll button of my mum thumbnails of all my open windows pop up, abit like Apple
very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.