anyone can teach/help me?

The road seems abit distorted comparing it to the left side. Haha. But good work though.

i arrived late but here's my version

28a7xn8.jpg

Huh? I don uds your purpose in doing that bro.

:bigeyes:have these kinda courses?? izzit only for PS?? I also wanna learn more.. but no money buy PS.. so using GIMP for now..

Of course got such courses... Mainly they do it for CS5 but then again i believe that if you can get a rough idea on CS5, you should be ok with GIMP i guess.... probably Gimp misses alot of function but might not be photo related :)

Look under the workshop thread

i arrived late but here's my version

28a7xn8.jpg

:bigeyes::bigeyes:

:bsmilie:think:

Hi TS, i think this is the RAW version.... Unfinished hahahah

Of course got such courses... Mainly they do it for CS5 but then again i believe that if you can get a rough idea on CS5, you should be ok with GIMP i guess.... probably Gimp misses alot of function but might not be photo related :)

Look under the workshop thread

:D thanks for the heads-up..

Gonna look thru the section later :) but I guess if I were to spend the money on these workshops for cs5, I mite as well get a cs5 student edition first :dunno:

Gonna look thru the section later :) but I guess if I were to spend the money on these workshops for cs5, I mite as well get a cs5 student edition first :dunno:

There are lots of tutorials you can find online... nothing beats learning via self discovery.

Yeah I think it's a good idea to learn the software that you intend to use.
No point learning something else.

as DD123 said, lots of tutorials online :) Also library books.

There are lots of tutorials you can find online... nothing beats learning via self discovery.

Yeah I think it's a good idea to learn the software that you intend to use.
No point learning something else.

as DD123 said, lots of tutorials online :) Also library books.

yupz.. thanks for the advise, seniors..

i've been reading tutorials, watching videos and reading books on GIMP!! :D
but im still nowhere as good as many of u bros (& sis) here :embrass:

yupz.. thanks for the advise, seniors..

i've been reading tutorials, watching videos and reading books on GIMP!! :D
but im still nowhere as good as many of u bros (& sis) here :embrass:

we are nothing la...

I've seen some graphic designers on photoshop... gosh... talking about flying mouse pointers...

we are nothing la...

I've seen some graphic designers on photoshop... gosh... talking about flying mouse pointers...

Haha.. yup yup! I aspire to be like them too.. but anyways we're not graphic designers to start with.. so for now, I'll just aim to achieve the standards like those of seniors here :)

U guys are simply awesome.. I've learnt wad I know abt photography all from this forum..
Thanks to all here! :)

@TS

hope you didnt mind my take on the photo below.

4997735359_212d9dccb0.jpg

removed the taxi that is distracting.
darken unsaturated and blurred the background to make the subject stand out better
and cropped the sky as it is washed out.

if the image that was show is of higher resolution i would have adjusted the subject's sharpening

Last edited:
tanglewire said:
is it possible to remove the taxi in the background?

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/csc0019.jpg/

Hi bro,first of all I couldn't view your photo due to my connection error.if that was the last chance for you to shot that photo,and u want to remove the background distractions.so here's my suggestion,go to the same place and reshot the photo with out the model,save it to ur computer and u Corp out your model with pen tool,or any tools that let's u make selection of the model. Use "refine edge "command After that u can just drag n drop the model to your new background,in different layer so that u will b able to match and adjust the color balance, brightnes/contrast in individual layers etc, resize your model n fit with the background photo,to make it look natural u can adjust the layer brightness/contrast etc etc. This can b done with PHotoshop.if u didn't understood, I'm sorry my English is bad.but if I were you I could do that job

I will say for this kind of touch up you dont have to use Photoshop, a Gimp is sufficient. First zoom in to the taxi, then use the clone tool, CTRL + CLICK on the other fence, then clone on the Taxi. Then use the make over tool, to smoothen out the edges. I supplement my Lightroom with GIMP, which is FREE and works just as good as PS on basic editing.

Next time, look at the viewfinder carefully then shoot or check your shot straight after you have taken it, because it is not worth your time to do this kind of edits.

Rashkae said:
Why are you resurrecting a thread from September last year??

For those who read and interested for others view lah bro just ignore it than if ur not interested or is it against the rules of forum?

Bro you don't have to read all the posts and it not compulsion,simply just skip it if you are not interested or is it against the rules of this forum to resurrect the old threads?these are for information/ tip/ techniques to those who are interested.

Bro you don't have to read all the posts and it not compulsion,simply just skip it if you are not interested or is it against the rules of this forum to resurrect the old threads?these are for information/ tip/ techniques to those who are interested.

if you've read the other posts, the tips have already been shared, and the TS has already understood. there's actually no need for you to dig it up again.

the reason why most of the images are gone, are because they've served their purpose of instructing the people who are interested.

Last edited:
why remove the taxi? it gives context to the image.

perhaps throwing the taxi out of focus might be better. :)
5522565303_ae1b7882df_o.jpg

kei1309 said:
if you've read the other posts, the tips have already been shared, and t

Vv

Last edited: