Anyone bought cameras online before? - broadwayphoto.com/adorama.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, just to check, how will the GST charges be charged for a product that i order, say frm adorama.? cos im interested in buying the metz 58 flash from them.

From my previous experience with USPS service, the delivery person will accept cash or cheque on the 7% GST. I believe other couriers will be the same.

Perhaps if the U.S Companies really want supporters here, they can try ways to allow customers here evade the local GST taxes :bsmilie: Perhaps false declaration? Lol

i bought SB800 and 70-300vr from B&H. Ordered on Friday, items arrived on Monday/Tuesday (I am in Sydney). I was shocked. So quick. And that was using the cheapest shipping options.

I bought them about a month ago when US dollar was weak. I save a couple of hundreds. Australia doesnt charge import tax for camera and GST is only applicable if value is above $1k.
To save more, you can share the shipping cost with your friends.

Nikon Australia is very strict, they will not honor the US warranty. I think Nikon Spore is less strict, yah? Cameras are not cheap here. If Nikon dont protect the local shops, everybody will buy frm overseas. In Spore, however, you will probably find the difference is not worth the hassle.

I've bought cameras from BH Photo before. No issues, though keep in mind you may be required to verify your credit card via scan or fax before your order is processed.

Actual delivery time took less than 48 hours upon shipment to Singapore.

Perhaps if the U.S Companies really want supporters here, they can try ways to allow customers here evade the local GST taxes :bsmilie: Perhaps false declaration? Lol
I don't agree with you on this. If the company can help customers cheat the government, then I would really doubt that company's integrity.... JMHO

I don't agree with you on this. If the company can help customers cheat the government, then I would really doubt that company's integrity.... JMHO

Typical Singaporeans always look at the price. I believe the lack of 7% extra might tempt us people :bsmilie:

Besides, after checking B&H have cheaper shipping fee, so i think i'll buy from them. Difference is about US$40. That's quite alot right.

Thank you. We appreciate your business and the kind words other have said about us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.