Anybody tried 3rd Party split prism focus screen dor D70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also want to know with the D70, from my understanding the focus confirmation light should work as the auto focus is not affected. The only thing that will be affected is the metering.

I have the Katzeye installed on my D200 and that is how it is.

BTW it is really nice to have split focusing instead of the focus confirmation especially for manual lens or if you are doing macro etc, if not for the exposure variation I would have to say this is a must have for all DSLR.

PQ23 said:
Sorry for my ignorance,

D70/D70s focus confirmation light works on all lenses. Why do you need split focusing screen for manual focusing?

I've changed my canon to split focusing screen cos focus confirmation light don't work on canon.

(I'm also a new Nikon user now ;) )

with the light you're still relying on the camera's af module, so you might as well af on af lenses. the af is not always accurate thats why we use the screen to help us judge ourselves.

you're not really manual focusing, you're just replacing the af drive with your hands turning the ring to match the camera af instead of your own judgement.

Dennis said:
I also want to know with the D70, from my understanding the focus confirmation light should work as the auto focus is not affected. The only thing that will be affected is the metering.

I have the Katzeye installed on my D200 and that is how it is.

BTW it is really nice to have split focusing instead of the focus confirmation especially for manual lens or if you are doing macro etc, if not for the exposure variation I would have to say this is a must have for all DSLR.
Also retro look ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.