Anybody taking/took CFA Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesame_street98

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of taking CFA Course after being in the corporate world for approximately 3 years. I am wondering whether any of you have taken CFA exam or even having this CFA certificate.

Any advice? How much is the cost? Is it worth the effort?:dunno:

Thanks in advance for all your help!:D

i have not taken it but i guess it dependent on what u wanna do. If u wanna be a fund manager/financial analysis, yes, it's one of the most common requirement. if you are switching jobs and thinking of using CFA as a bargaining chip, it might help as well, but no as much as u think. Ultimately, this is a professional cert for the financial industry. Period.

Cost wise- i recall shd be about 5k for the registrations of the 3 papers, could be a bit less. Course materials, depends on ur budget and resources, can borrow, photocopy etc.

Just take lah. Nowadays, more paper you have the better.
Even if you do not work in Funds/Investment, you'll learn something about investing your own money.

lots of people taking every year, especially in singapore. many of my friends got it liao.

Thanks for the help guys. I am currently an engineer actually, but thinking of switching into business eventually.

Talked to some guys and they are telling me that MBA nowadays is pretty much useless. CFA is a better deal, economically and personal development wise.

5K is a lot of investment, I would just like to make sure its worth the effort and money.

Any of you know how to get the notes and where is the best place to take CFA?

Thanks a bunch!

sesame_street98 said:
Thanks for the help guys. I am currently an engineer actually, but thinking of switching into business eventually.

Talked to some guys and they are telling me that MBA nowadays is pretty much useless. CFA is a better deal, economically and personal development wise.

5K is a lot of investment, I would just like to make sure its worth the effort and money.

Any of you know how to get the notes and where is the best place to take CFA?

Thanks a bunch!

Dude, $5K is nothing compared to a $25K masters!

However, having a CFA means nothing if you don't know how to use it to relate to the real world. This is why a masters, depending on where it was obtained, has more value.

A CFA is equivalent to a Masters in the financial sector actually and its not easy. I have clients who are fund managers and they are lamenting how difficult it is to get the certification. Really need to study for it. Am hoping to get it one day too... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.