Anybody knows what happened to Lord's?

So sad. The only Lucky Plaza Camera shop I ever buy from has gone down to the dust. :cry:

God bless them all.

boh Canon leh ....:dunno:

maybe the Lords dont like Canon hor ....

I don't know why Lord's has closed but I do know I will definitely miss Raymond and co...Lord's for me was one of the best shops in SG: friendly staff, decent prices, excellent aftersales service. Have recommended them to countless relatives and friends who all felt the same after going to them.

Maybe because I have gotten to know the guys at Lord's, and there may well be very good reasons behind the closure, but I feel the posters lamenting aloud about the lack of any good bargains / firesale here come across as being a little insensitive. Even vulture-like. (Just my opinion).

In any case, I hope the folks at Lord's will be able to restart the business in the not too distant future.

I don't know why Lord's has closed but I do know I will definitely miss Raymond and co...Lord's for me was one of the best shops in SG: friendly staff, decent prices, excellent aftersales service. Have recommended them to countless relatives and friends who all felt the same after going to them.

yes, i don't really know the names of the people at lord's, but they were always nice when i dropped by.

i remember once i bought a lcd protector for a pretty low price (<$8 for sure, i think it was $2-$5) and i asked the uncle there if he could help me put it on because i was horrible at doing such things and always managed to get a bubble which could not be removed underneath the thing.. which made it spoil very fast and requiring replacement.

he got one of the other staff to put it on carefully for me, and that took nearly 5-10 minutes.

i will always remember it because i thought it was impressive service, for such a small ticket item.. and back then i hadn't really bought anything significant from them either, so it wasn't special service for a regular customer. i don't need all the fawning and "hello brothers", little things like that count a lot more to me than lip service. it'd be sad if they had to close down for good.

given that it's not just nikon lenses going up for sale (i see Olympus stuff, Samsung etc), i think it's more likely a case of a debt owed to nikon or something close. Nikon came after them by way of writ and subsequent seizure. it appears that Lord's engaged counsel as well and did put up some kind of a defence to the claim so they do have their side of the story. whatever the reason, for all you nikon users out there, i hope you can get a good deal if you are able to attend the said auction. if you would like to help Lord's, then give a better bid for the item la! ;)

They were indeed friendly people. Went there to buy a camera bag but no stock and they ordered in one for me. Sad to see their business in this state.

I just visited them 2 wks back. And Raymond told me that they are doing renovation and therefore they are operating from the shop next door. When I was there, Lord's original shop's shutter was half opened and I still saw goods inside leh.. hmm... strange wo.. since the seizure notice was early Feb, how come there are still items in the shop?

I didnt read this thread till now and i called them a few days back to check on the E-PL 1. The person who answered said dont know when the stock will come leh??

So they are still in business?