any vintage/antique phone collectors here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimcraze

Hi, i am a keen collector of vintage phones, although i must say i am rather new to this hobby. anyone knows where is a good place that sells vintage phones? anyone knows where does repairs and change of phone wires?

contributions appreciated.

thanks!

hwoa...phones a bit hard to collect i daresay :)

u mean all those various handphones ever since the 90's or those like in 1920's movies those very exquisite looking home phones with intricate designs and that circular dial? :think:

vintage phone card got alot lah.
vintage phone very difficult. :bsmilie:

...or are you talking about the big black ones with a long rubber antenna?

yeah, so far i got a collection of candlestick phone which has the speaker attached to the phone itself - that means you have to hold the phone to your mouth on one hand, and the earset on the other :) I also have a couple of rotary dial phones from the 1950s-1980s. They are pretty rare in Singapore, although you can find replicas sometimes but i am interested in the authentic ones. Most of them are bought from overseas that's why need to know where i can go to convert the phone lines to local ones :confused:

cool..thats a real classic taste u got... :eek: :) can try ask singtell cust technical service...roughly they shld be able to tearup the phone, re-install the chip somewhere...and put it back.. i think the technicial see already also dazzled :bsmilie:

clive said:
cool..thats a real classic taste u got... :eek: :) can try ask singtell cust technical service...roughly they shld be able to tearup the phone, re-install the chip somewhere...and put it back.. i think the technicial see already also dazzled :bsmilie:

You must be kidding. They are not interested.

that means got to find 3rd party technicians to re-chip the phones liaoz :think: =)

Hmm. There's one shop at CentrePoint. Can't remeber which level but i think it's next to Fish & Co. They do sell such antique phones. Went there to find but found it too ex.

swimcraze said:
need to know if USA uses the same phone line system as Singapore. meaning - do i have to change the phone line if i were to purchase from the States????

Don't seem to be any problem getting phones from USA. We bought an Erico phone (the classic type) and it works great at home. Got ours from Ebay. Pretty funky piece of hardware except that it's not cordless.

Cheers,

Though I am not a collector, I have a 60's telephone switchboard comes with plug in and out terminals with a black handset. Any interest, pls PM me to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.