Any videocam experts around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi...I am going to buy a videocam for my trip next week but dont really know too much about camcorders so would like to seek your advice. Here are my basic requirements:

1. Use MiniDV tapes so it will be a DVcam.
2. Wont be taking still pictures on it as I will use my D50 to do so. Dont need it to have good picture capturing ability.
3. Use for recording scenery while on the car etc and family outings and gatherings.
4. Good colour reproduction and rich colours.
5. Able to record well in low light conditions such as dawn or dusk.
6. Sony or Panasonic

So erm....in view of the above, is it possible to get one in the market now for less than $700?

boroangel said:
Hi...I am going to buy a videocam for my trip next week but dont really know too much about camcorders so would like to seek your advice. Here are my basic requirements:

1. Use MiniDV tapes so it will be a DVcam.
2. Wont be taking still pictures on it as I will use my D50 to do so. Dont need it to have good picture capturing ability.
3. Use for recording scenery while on the car etc and family outings and gatherings.
4. Good colour reproduction and rich colours.
5. Able to record well in low light conditions such as dawn or dusk.
6. Sony or Panasonic

So erm....in view of the above, is it possible to get one in the market now for less than $700?

Brand new sets are around $800 to $900. Have not seen one below $700... 3 CCD types would have great color but cost more. Can't go wrong with either sony or panasonic.:)

Bigger the CCD or CMOS, the better. Try this link to learn more about camcorders, click here. The reviews and ratings will give you a good idea of what to look out for in a camcorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.