Any shop buying used equipment?

therock23

Aug 23, 2011
I have a whole variety of stuff to sell - bodies, lenses, etc, but have been too lazy to put them up on the buy/sell thread. Also want to avoid lowballers/nitpickers, etc.

Is there any shop in SG where I can just bring my stuff to and sell to them? Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this query - mods please move it if necessary. Thanks.)

Several shops in Peninsular Plaza. I have not dealt with them before though.

I have a whole variety of stuff to sell - bodies, lenses, etc, but have been too lazy to put them up on the buy/sell thread. Also want to avoid lowballers/nitpickers, etc.

Is there any shop in SG where I can just bring my stuff to and sell to them? Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this query - mods please move it if necessary. Thanks.)
there are a few shops in Peninsular area, but be warn, they don't offer much higher than low ballers, and they might tell you your gears are hard to sell and don't want to take in, cos they have plenty of the same models or no demand for that.

most of the time you have trouble selling your gears is you price it too high,
if you really want to save the trouble and sell it fast, take a photo of your gears, post in buy and sell, state, "sell at it is, make me an offer".

you will be surprise how fast you can sell it.

Do note the time and efforts you save is the price you have to pay, but I think is well worth it.

List all your gears that you are selling, state the condition and what come with the items. Either state a price for the item that will entice buyers to deal or ask buyer to make an offer.

Or get a buyer to take everything one go if your price is right...

The advantage of selling to second hand shops is that they will deal fast. However, don't expect a 'good' price from them. They need to make a profit to cover their holding cost, and rental.

End-users will give you better pricing. If your intention is to recover some cost from your gear, I advise you to sell it off at a reasonable price. Don't mark up for people to bargain down. It will just discourage genuine buyers who do not want to bargain. I have sold a couple of stuff to CS'ers who posted in the WTB. These folks already want to buy so if you offer them a reasonable price they will close the deal.

Thanks, everyone. Looks like I've gotta put in some effort to post it on buy/sell forum then. Thanks!

The buy sell price in clubsnap is typically pretty reasonable to be frank. There will be low baller for sure but if you do a fast check for price of more recent transaction you could have a gauge of how much your stuff is worth and price it accordingly in buy sell.

You should sell pretty fast.

Sell me every items at 2 bucks n I donates another 2 every items I bought to charity

Deal?

Want to sell your product but not sure how much to sell it for? Go do some footwork among the secondhand shops to see how much they sell the same lens and look at their condition. Then look at how much you spend on the product you bought, the length of time you bought it and then decide to go higher or lower then what those shop sell. You can be sure, when they bought those lens from the owner, they managed to get it for a lot less then what you might be trying to see it yourself.

No second hand shop is going to buy a lens for $600 and sell it for $610. To pay for the shop and their own salary and staff you can be sure they press the owners a lot more to get as low a price from them before they sell it to you. Most shops can almost read your mind if you are selling due to you upgrading or you are desperate for money. There was a time I buy and sell a lot of my equipment when I upgrade stuff and made some friend with them.. you learn a little of the way they do their business and stay in business for a long time. Some of those guys I deal with from the last decade or more are still around in Peninsula.

Selling and buying a second hand product is also a mind game and about taking risk. All that will determine finally what kind of price you get in the end. Usually you will not be able to do better then a shop as they have an advantage over you selling direct. "Security" in some respect plays a part. People tend to be more scare of people they buy from if something go wrong. To buy from a shop, there is that added securitythey are not being totally untrue. You know if something is wrong you know where to find them easily and deal with it.

I see people trying to sell off their product for too much because they can not accept that fact their "well looked after product' is too good to be sold cheaper then what they think they should sell it for. So do your homework if you want to get it for a price you can live with. People rally don't care how well you look after the lens. In their mind, YOU SHOULD BE looking after that lens as you should. heh. But to get the best price they will never tell you HOW GOOD of you to be careful with keeping that lens so far till you want to sell it now.

Something to take note.

Last edited:
fyi, the price of camera and lenses will always go down and never come up. good condition or bad condition is still the same
the longer the time you hold on to your gears, the lower the price you able to sell it off,
just set a price and let it go.

btw, if somebody tell you that his grandfather's Leica can sell how much by how much, if you would to put the money in good use for the same length of time, the gain will definitely be far better then this.

keeping a camera is never a good idea, unless for sentimental reason, and that come with price you have to pay.

fyi, the price of camera and lenses will always go down and never come up. good condition or bad condition is still the same
the longer the time you hold on to your gears, the lower the price you able to sell it off,
just set a price and let it go.

btw, if somebody tell you that his grandfather's Leica can sell how much by how much, if you would to put the money in good use for the same length of time, the gain will definitely be far better then this.

keeping a camera is never a good idea, unless for sentimental reason, and that come with price you have to pay.

What catchlights says is true.

Now that you already have your fun with your camera and lenses you should let them go cheap and let us enjoy them too. :)

Added on phone's camera spec are improving I might dismay the heavy load

Thank you!

Brother, if have everyone go there already. If have that shop will be out of business already.

Shops need to pay overheads, staff salary and still make a profit. One month rental for an extreme small shop around Peninsula area probably $6000 to $8000? One employee monthly pay around $2000? Plus other overheads at least $12000 per month in cost. And how hard it is for them to sell items? Locals nobody goondoo buy there, most ownself trade ownself on CS. They have to hit the tourists there.

Expect less than 35% of current preowned prices.

Sell fast better than high. You spend the most efforts and get the most frustration to get $50-$100 more per item.