Any recommendation for friendly camera shop to test equipment?


Status
Not open for further replies.

red_ryder

New Member
Jun 23, 2003
332
0
0
Visit site
#1
I decided to upgrade from my compact Canon S45, but having difficulty deciding on what to upgrade to. DSLR or prosumer super zoom? Are there any friendly camera shops out there where I can test out, hold and use the different brands of DSLRs and prosumers? To feel the ergonomics, weight, focusing, speed, etc of the different models. Most importantly, if I dont buy anything they won't get angry. :)

What about the Comex exhibition? Can we test out cameras there?
 

chantyeroop

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,288
0
36
North Eastern Zone
#2
upgrade to dslr if you think your're gonna stick to this hobby.
else just get a prosumer cam loh.

you can try CP @ penisular plaza or MS colour @ ang mo kio or john 3:16 @ funan

yes you can test the cameras during the Comex exhibition.

:)
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#3
Comex is a good place if u just want to try out cameras from different brands, u would feel the pressue to buy. Camera shops sometimes they expect u to buy after u try a few models...
 

glennyong

Senior Member
May 2, 2004
5,587
0
0
Singapore
#4
well.. if u do not intend to stick to photography, and want to get a dslr for the sake of upgrade i urge u to think twice. coz many pple. tot by getting a dslr they will get wonderful pictures. but when buy the dslr, and think that they are pros, they see their result they get demoralised.

i might wanna urge u 2 think twice when u wanna invest in a dslr. its a so called life long commitment...

;)
 

red_ryder

New Member
Jun 23, 2003
332
0
0
Visit site
#5
glennyong said:
well.. if u do not intend to stick to photography, and want to get a dslr for the sake of upgrade i urge u to think twice. coz many pple. tot by getting a dslr they will get wonderful pictures. but when buy the dslr, and think that they are pros, they see their result they get demoralised.

i might wanna urge u 2 think twice when u wanna invest in a dslr. its a so called life long commitment...

;)
The thing is, I borrowed a DSLR (Fuji S1 Pro) for 6 months and played around with it. Even brought it with me on tour. My pictures instantly looked better compared to those that I took with the compact. Now that I'm returning the DSLR, I really feel like getting one for myself.
 

obewan

New Member
Feb 11, 2005
1,877
0
0
obe.homedns.org
#6
red_ryder said:
The thing is, I borrowed a DSLR (Fuji S1 Pro) for 6 months and played around with it. Even brought it with me on tour. My pictures instantly looked better compared to those that I took with the compact. Now that I'm returning the DSLR, I really feel like getting one for myself.
Then buy buy buy !!! loh... :bsmilie:
I think 6 mths shld be enough to gv u a feel of a DSLR.
Just take note of the maintenance cost and the urge to upgrade to better lens.
DSLR will make u buy buy buy !!! :devil:
So prepare to burn your pocket a big "lobang".
 

thobs

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
134
0
0
#7
obewan said:
Then buy buy buy !!! loh... :bsmilie:
I think 6 mths shld be enough to gv u a feel of a DSLR.
Just take note of the maintenance cost and the urge to upgrade to better lens.
DSLR will make u buy buy buy !!! :devil:
So prepare to burn your pocket a big "lobang".
can you kindly explain further with regards to maintenance/cost...
cause i'm also currently using a compact camera...
thanks in advance...
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
0
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#8
thobs said:
can you kindly explain further with regards to maintenance/cost...
cause i'm also currently using a compact camera...
thanks in advance...
Maintenace cost as in buying lenspen,blower,dry cabinet etc... all of which you can choose to don't buy but cannot justified that you buy a few thousand cam and want to save.

Every cents for every goods,same goes for lens.
 

saraluna

New Member
May 20, 2005
307
0
0
sing a pore
#9
and dun forget about the purchasing of diff lens that suits yr needs and other stuff like flash
:)

how about misc stuff like lcd cover, eye cup, filters, reversal ring and many more?

:D

have fun enjoying a DSLR
:thumbsup:
 

thobs

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
134
0
0
#10
zaxh81 said:
Maintenace cost as in buying lenspen,blower,dry cabinet etc... all of which you can choose to don't buy but cannot justified that you buy a few thousand cam and want to save.

Every cents for every goods,same goes for lens.
what an expensive hobby it is...
(sorry but out of line here)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom