Any recommendation for Canon 10D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrclhr

Mar 25, 2008
Pakistan
www.itpaindu.com
Hi All,

One of our forum member is selling used Canon 10D around S$300, I just want to know that whether its a wise deal or not, should I buy it for learning purpose or any other recommendation? I am pretty much tight with my budget so was considering this deal. Please advice.

Thanks,
Naveed

Have you read the reviews? The 10D is a veeeeeeeeeeeeery old camera. You may be better off spending 400-500 instead and get something like a second-hand Sony A200.

spend slightly more to get a 30D or 400D....:)

Its old model camera (circa 2003) which many consider outdated in this day and age, but its sensor output is still pretty good. At lower ISO, very clean and detailed, with great dynamic range. It has been superseded by 20D, 30D respectively and now 40/50D. I would tend to agree with the recommendations to get a later gen camera, at least a 20D or 30D. The differences are significant enough to warrant spending the few hundred dollars more.

Yes, ex-10D owner speaking here...still have fond memories of the cam, one of my first DSLR.

I have fond memories of the 10D - still! I can't afford more exotic beasts like some rich folks with 135mm zeiss lenses! :bsmilie:

Seriously, feature-wise, it's outdated, but the output from the sensor (10D fans would say the best of the XXD series) as well as the Leica-like quiet shutter and mirror still blows my friends away when they try my 10D.

Oi! I'm not rich leh.

No one say you mah, but since you appear soo defensive outta no where ... hmm ... :think: :devil: :bsmilie:

Seriously, coapared to the user-unfriendliness of the 300 and 350D, I would always suggest a 10D. Also for it's metal chassis, better built (loads more durable) and most of all, it's sensor at lower ISOs.

Last edited:
Hi All,

One of our forum member is selling used Canon 10D around S$300, I just want to know that whether its a wise deal or not, should I buy it for learning purpose or any other recommendation? I am pretty much tight with my budget so was considering this deal. Please advice.

Thanks,
Naveed

Used to own a 10D and it's my first DSLR before upgrading to 5D. Honestly it's still a workhorse and very well-built too. It's the only Canon DSLR to boast the lightest mirror slap as well.

Reminds me of the second hand cameras and lenses I saw in the buy/sell forums which were just as expensive as buying them brand new. Sounds like a bit of a rip off IMHO.

Last edited:
er, for 300 bucks it's relatively fine... supposing it's in good condition

someone is selling a F5 for $1.7 k cos he still has the box.

isnt that even MORE of a rip off?

Oh dear! :dunno:

If F6 is that price in mint condition with box and everything at $1.5K, then it's worth considering.

i said F5 and the F6 is worth around that price so it's reasonable

but i said F5.. haha

yea but i think the F6 belongs to a niche market

maybe for the collectors

or film fannatics

haha

have that cam

got it for a gift

really really like it

and got a 17-40 L along with it

aunt gave it to my when my cousin moved to further his studies

hehe

have that cam

got it for a gift

really really like it

and got a 17-40 L along with it

aunt gave it to my when my cousin moved to further his studies

hehe

Then cherish it. Just sold my 17-40 though after being with me for nearly 3 years. It's my first L.

$300 for a 10D is a steal! it was my first DSLR and i still keep it and use for leisure and for memory sake. Although i am using other newer ones as the primary camera. The 10D still produces nice pictures and the camera never gives me any problems till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.