Any recommendation for a budget of approx $400 Canon IXUS Camera?

johnzila

Sep 9, 2009
Hi all,

Any recommendation for a budget of approx $400 Canon IXUS Camera? As long its compact and the quality is reasonable good. Mayb high ISO is also prefered.

Can anyone give me some advise? :dunno:

Ixus 100 slightly below $400 or Ixus 120 slightly above $400.

Ixus 120 is 28mm wide and has 4x optical zoom
Ixus 100 is 3x optical zoom.

Thanks for the advise!

Actually, I believe u've seen my other thread on other brands. I'm trying to compare which is a better deal for a budget of $400.

Can Ixus 120 take good night shots?

Mayb high ISO is also prefered.
Consider getting a 2nd hand DSLR, 350D or 400D. You may be able to get at that price with kit lens. Noise control for DSLR is way better than any P&S.

Thanks rendition. In fact, I've already had a Nikon D5000. I'm looking for a compact camera which I can bring with me everywhere I go :)

Right.... Well, generally, most P&S suffers from noise even right at it's lowest ISO value. If you want for night shots, then consider getting compact PowerShot instead of IXUS, that way you'll be able to do your night shots without having too much noise as you'll be able to control exposure time and ISO.

canon powershop S90 if u want got iso performance in a P&S. but its about 660.

wow...thanks for the recommendation...but price is kind of a concern to me. I wana to stick to $400 +/- so as to avoid overspending...how about other brands? I read Fujifilm F-series quite good?

Ixus 110IS loh.. Dont think of Other Brands for PnS (Sorry to say).. Menus not user friendly for other brand camera... I'm aiming for S90...