Any recent visitors to Phuket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.phuket.com/coralseekers/
You can book with them and pay when you at Phuket.

Driving is not advisable as roads in Phuket are quite narrow and very hilly and winding.

While you are there, can try and watch Simon Cabaret of the Fantasea for some entertainment.

One more secret... ;p

Ever heard of the late bird special? hehehehe...

Go walk around late at nite, before the shops close. The local tours will try to cut their prices for the next day's tours. Can get as good as child's price for an adult. For them, any extra income, no matter how little, is good income...

Hehehe...Now... dun go spreading this until they cancel these specials ar...

Hello guys,

Let me share with you what you can do in Phuket (on a tight budget and on the shooting spree).

I post these information based on my last visit in March 2004. If you are going alone,

Just get a regular 3-star room near Patong Beach. Prices should range around 800 - 1,200 Baht a night. You may need to pay additional charges if you intend to bring a guest to spend the night with. We are looking at about additional 200 Baht - 300 Baht per night.

Check out the night scene in Bangla Road. Prepare a tripod because you will get a lot of life there. The main nightlife in Phuket. You will see a lot of pubs, discos, go-go bars and pool bars. Drinks are at 100 Baht each. Beware of "he-she" that come to you to take photos but that will cost you 100 Baht.

Take island tour. Islands that you MUST GO are:

Phi Phi Islands (Phi Phi Don & Phi Phi Lae)
Similan Islands
PhangNga (check that floating market there)
James Bond Island

You may not get all these in one package. Each packgae will cost about 2,000 Baht per person depending on where the guide takes you.

Next is to visit the Simon Caberet Show. Not too sure if they allow cameras inside but if they do, you will be rewarded with lots of "models" there and mind you, they are pretty!

Do a jungle trail in Phuket Island before you leave. Do a nature snap. You will find lots of life inside the jungle than you'll find in Bukit Timah. Just beware of the "****-You" lizard which lurks around on trees. Quite a nice lizard and laugh at their croaks and calls. Sounds like "**** you".

Have a good trip in Phuket. :)

thanks thanks :)

will shop around for "specials" :) intend to visit PhangNga and
James Bond Island. have visited Phi Phi last time round.

hmm... roads really that bad. but my friend still wants to drive around. anyone knows the rental costs for cars there?

KC, what lens are you bring there?

I'm thinking whether to get a IS lens to bring there.....28-135mm??

Status
Not open for further replies.