Any Raynox users? Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drudiggy

Feb 9, 2004
Hi everyone, first time poster. I just bought a C740, which I am having a blast with, and am already planning my additional lense purchases. I noticed that Raynox lenses and adapters are considerably cheaper than the ones Olympus offers. If anyone has had any experience with Raynox I'd be grateful to hear some opinions (good or bad) to assist my buying process. Thanks! :D

drudiggy said:
Hi everyone, first time poster. I just bought a C740, which I am having a blast with, and am already planning my additional lense purchases. I noticed that Raynox lenses and adapters are considerably cheaper than the ones Olympus offers. If anyone has had any experience with Raynox I'd be grateful to hear some opinions (good or bad) to assist my buying process. Thanks! :D

where will you be getting them in SG? they are not sold in SG right?

Not sure about raynox - I saw their site too in my earlier search for add-ons but did not managed to find a shop carrying them.

For 3rd party makers - what I saw was kenko, giottos ( should be re-branded kenkos ) , vitacon, raydream and some tiffen.

The Giottos 2x tele I bought, is 1/4 to 1/5 the price of a brand new TCON17 and prolly 30-40% cheaper than a 2nd hand unit. I got a 0.7 sony conv that is about mebbe 60-70% of the cost of the WCON-08.

Both works well for me, I'm not concerned about brand integrity or Oly's claim about 3rd party incompatibility. The pics take looks good to my beginner's eye, the extra costs is not likely to give me an equivalent % of improvement I think... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.