Any plances can snap photo without license in Singapore?

no. they allow u to use your on-camera flash, but if u want to do strobbist way, they want u to apply for permit.

but i must say they are already very very kind in this respect. other building will just ask u to go away, be it on or off camera flash, got flash , no flash ... they dun care, just get out and shoot else where..

yep .. i was warned by the security guard before. as long as its off camera flash, you need permission from the management.. tthe guard was kind enough and i told him i was finishing and he told me, "Ok i walk there for a while but when i come back you must stop already " :thumbsup: nice guy... we packed up and headed to helix bridge area

come like a tourist, dress like a tourist, talk like a tourist, shoot like a tourist, you can almost shoot at anywhere, even if you not allow to shoot in certain areas, they will tell you nicely not to shoot there.

hope you enjoy your stay in Singapore.

anything set up that not resembling like a hobbyist, will be classified as commercial shoot.

any kind of commercial shoots will need to get permission granted by the property owners.

you want to look pros, now you got it, but are you willing to pay the price? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

you want to look pros, now you got it, but are you willing to pay the price? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: Its a big contradiction. Got money to buy gear must have money to pay for permit too, otherwise got good gear nowhere to shoot also no use.

I think shoot under natural ambient lighting would solve the problem, won't look so pro and no equipment involved, just PG, Model and camera :)

i have shot some govt buildings here, but so far no issue.. i didn't use DSLR, though, i used my RF, dressed in Tshirt, berms and slippers..

i have shot some govt buildings here, but so far no issue.. i didn't use DSLR, though, i used my RF, dressed in Tshirt, berms and slippers..
any building that does not belong to private, can consider belong to the government, that including lamp posts, overhead bridges, sub-station, shelters, fire brigade or even HDB flats etc.

so anyone can shoot "most" of the government properties will not get into troubles. ;)

any building that does not belong to private, can consider belong to the government, that including lamp posts, overhead bridges, sub-station, shelters, fire brigade or even HDB flats etc.

so anyone can shoot "most" of the government properties will not get into troubles. ;)

Basically it's a no brainer question. Going by the "rules"...photographers can take any pictures in public without permit so long as the intent do not infringe the decency & modesty of the public and the photographer himself do not obstruct and create a public nuisance.

Permit is required from the owners for all private properties including cinemas, shopping malls, amusment parks, museums, art galleries and concert halls (esplanade and indoor statdium).

Permit is also required for security sensitive locations like MRT stations, airports, immigration halls, army camps, oil refinery, pharmaceutical labs etc.

Most property owners (private and government) will tend to oblige if permission is asked in advance as it is in the form of publicity for them. :cool:

I once tried to shoot with a DSLR at the Dakota MRT and the guy come and tell me I can't take photos inside MRT stations

I once tried to shoot with a DSLR at the Dakota MRT and the guy come and tell me I can't take photos inside MRT stations

Didn't I just mention one post before yours that you can't take photos inside MRT station without a permit? You are lucky that the guy just informed you verbally. The current rule now is to confiscate your camera and then refer you to Police for further action. :eek: