Any Pentax body roadmap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
US prices maybe cheaper after mail in rebate (if it's still available), but it also means you need someone in US to do it for u. Also make sure that seller/shop u buying from is Pentax dealer.;)

Haizzz... Too bad, non of my friends or relative are in overseas... But the canadian deal seems good. I emailed them and got a quote of $905 which include the shipping. But taxes is unknown till I collect from Singpost...

So the price will be $1176 SGD for the dual kit lenses :)

Seems reasonable? :)

Think you need to factor in the 5% GST when you ship it in as it's total cost is over $400.
Unless the parcel is labelled as gift and not sale goods, maybe i am wrong on this.

Think you need to factor in the 5% GST when you ship it in as it's total cost is over $400.
Unless the parcel is labelled as gift and not sale goods, maybe i am wrong on this.

I am not too sure about this as this is my first time going to buy something from overseas :)

You will definitely have to pay for GST as the declared value exceeds $400. But I would suggest you continue to do a thorough search as there are different ways to get a good deal. For example, you could buy the body alone and pick up the kit lens separately. I got my K100D for less than S$800 new with warranty. Generally if you're shopping from Canadian dealers, their shipping is quite high. Shopping from the US, you can use http://www.bizrate.com/ to search out deals from large retailers, plus shipping via vpost is an option. Another tip is to sniff out deals from Hong Kong or Australia (yes, Australia!) Shipping is lower and some great deals can be found. If you're really on a low budget, consider the K110D (without the SR) as it is being cleared very cheaply in the US (below US$400).

You will definitely have to pay for GST as the declared value exceeds $400. But I would suggest you continue to do a thorough search as there are different ways to get a good deal. For example, you could buy the body alone and pick up the kit lens separately. I got my K100D for less than S$800 new with warranty. Generally if you're shopping from Canadian dealers, their shipping is quite high. Shopping from the US, you can use http://www.bizrate.com/ to search out deals from large retailers, plus shipping via vpost is an option. Another tip is to sniff out deals from Hong Kong or Australia (yes, Australia!) Shipping is lower and some great deals can be found. If you're really on a low budget, consider the K110D (without the SR) as it is being cleared very cheaply in the US (below US$400).

IS there any reliable Australia shop website around? :)

Try Michaels....but hey, don't be lazy, go and do you own research...learn how to use a search engine...you got to wean off being spoonfed if you want to save money.

Try Michaels....but hey, don't be lazy, go and do you own research...learn how to use a search engine...you got to wean off being spoonfed if you want to save money.

Thanks for your reply. I saw Michaels and other websites in au and nz while I am doing the search.

The lenses they are included with the camera are Sigma. Does it makes lots of differences as to the picture quality? Both are 18mm-55mm :)

Thanks for your reply. I saw Michaels and other websites in au and nz while I am doing the search.

The lenses they are included with the camera are Sigma. Does it makes lots of differences as to the picture quality? Both are 18mm-55mm :)

please don't get the sigmas. The only budget level sigma thing I would get is the the 70-300 APO DG.

please don't get the sigmas. The only budget level sigma thing I would get is the the 70-300 APO DG.

Oic.Thanks man friend :)

Maybe you got some bad exp and I had learnt something new today:)

Consider the Sigma 17-70mm if you want. But that price a DA 16-45mm would be better;) If you were to get the K100D body, maybe you'll be able to get a good deal off the old birds here for the 18-50mm kit:D DA 50-200mm would be a problem getting used.:(

Consider the Sigma 17-70mm if you want. But that price a DA 16-45mm would be better;) If you were to get the K100D body, maybe you'll be able to get a good deal off the old birds here for the 18-50mm kit:D DA 50-200mm would be a problem getting used.:(

Hohoho... Kit lenses good deal??? I sense something... Are you selling it? :)

Kit lens is ok for K100D 6MP. I like my kit lens so not selling;) I'll hold on to them till DA* 16-50mm comes:bsmilie:

How come is good for 6mp? If 10mp is no good? I mean mount on the K10D body :)

How come is good for 6mp? If 10mp is no good? I mean mount on the K10D body :)

10 MP bigger sensor, so takes in more. I remember reading it somewhere. Maybe the old birds can give detail explaination:)

10 MP bigger sensor, so takes in more. I remember reading it somewhere. Maybe the old birds can give detail explaination:)

Hoho... Thanks for the info. Really need lots of advises from you guys :)

The sensors on K100D and K10D are exactly the same size, there are more cells (pixels) on the K10D which might lead to higher resolution (but higher noise level as well) and probably sharper image. The kit lens is good enough for K100D, but there is no report yet it's not sufficient for the K10D as far as I know. Many people (me included) just think it might not be enough for a higher resolution 10mp sensor, but this hasn't been proved.

If you buy the K10D kit from the some countries like the US, then grab the kit lens, it's not that much more money than the body alone. But here in SG, I don't see any price advantage at all if by the body (1240-1320) than the kit (1460-1590). The kit lens isn't cheap here even by along w/ the body, that's my feeling, and that's why all those shops end up w/ so many kit lenses on the shelf ever since K10D launched here ;)

The sensors on K100D and K10D are exactly the same size, there are more cells (pixels) on the K10D which might lead to higher resolution (but higher noise level as well) and probably sharper image. The kit lens is good enough for K100D, but there is no report yet it's not sufficient for the K10D as far as I know. Many people (me included) just think it might not be enough for a higher resolution 10mp sensor, but this hasn't been proved.

If you buy the K10D kit from the some countries like the US, then grab the kit lens, it's not that much more money than the body alone. But here in SG, I don't see any price advantage at all if by the body (1240-1320) than the kit (1460-1590). The kit lens isn't cheap here even by along w/ the body, that's my feeling, and that's why all those shops end up w/ so many kit lenses on the shelf ever since K10D launched here ;)

OIC... :D

Hope time past faster so that can get the K100D to shoot with :)

Consider the Sigma 17-70mm if you want. But that price a DA 16-45mm would be better;)

Note that I don't consider sigma 17-70 to be budget ;)

and I would get it over the 16-45 :p

Note that I don't consider sigma 17-70 to be budget ;)

and I would get it over the 16-45 :p

if can, would still wait for pentax 17-70 iirc end of the year

Hi
so which sigma is better? 17-70mm or 18-50mm Macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.