Any good Gyms around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepokman

Mar 30, 2004
all around the world
www.yclim.net
hiya all,

I have been thinking of toning up lately. 4 years of University and thousands of hours behind a computer has slacken me :p

now have started working so has some (only some hor...) moola to burn on gym memberships.

I'm actually looking for a simple gym but I am hoping of a trainer to bring back the tones (*flash-back to NS days*)

I have been surfing the net for gyms. The prices for the popular ones are competitive but I have read pretty bad reviews about services.

Then came across the new Mega-Gym at Safra Mt Faber.... but then seems pretty expensive.

Anyone has recommendations?

meepokman said:
hiya all,

I have been thinking of toning up lately. 4 years of University and thousands of hours behind a computer has slacken me :p

now have started working so has some (only some hor...) moola to burn on gym memberships.

I'm actually looking for a simple gym but I am hoping of a trainer to bring back the tones (*flash-back to NS days*)

I have been surfing the net for gyms. The prices for the popular ones are competitive but I have read pretty bad reviews about services.

Then came across the new Mega-Gym at Safra Mt Faber.... but then seems pretty expensive.

Anyone has recommendations?

Was looking around for gym membership earlier this year also... ended up joining the graduate society, where there's a nice but small gym, which is quite empty on weekdays afternoon. Nice change of pace when I wanna take a break from my work! :D

Mega Gym is not very expensive. Monthly subscription is only $30 per month but they have a one-time entrance fee. They are having some promotion going now if I did not remember wrongly. On top of this, you can go to the other locations instead of one. Normally, I would go to Tampines and once in a while to Jalan Bukit Merah. Haven't gone to the new clubhouse.

Cheers
John

Just use those Clubfit gyms, if you don't mind it being a public gym that is.... The machines are actually relatively new and well maintained. So far, i have tried the delta, jurong and gombak gyms. All of them provides a pleasant environment to work out.

The trainers are also knowlegble. I know that there is this trainer at Gombak who actually won a no. of body building awards. And so far the ones i met are very friendly
people. They will advice u if u ask them, otherwise, they will just leave u to do ya own exercise.

Most importantly.. the clubfit gyms are Very affordable....
Hope this helps..

Disclaimer:
FYI.. the above info is about 10 months old.. haven't step into a gym for a long time..
likewise.. maybe it's time for me to work out also hahaha.. Like what my PTI used to say, when you need to think that if you are still fit, you are fat.

Cheers

jlchong said:
Like what my PTI used to say, when you need to think that if you are still fit, you are fat.

Cheers

lol.

I know Safra Mega Gym is only $30 per month. But the entrance fee is $320!!

Thats pretty expensive. What kind of promotion do they have now?

look for NTUC gyms at some community clubs.

meepokman said:
lol.

Well.. from what i know. Clubfit gyms do not charge a entrance fee. Their season ticket is either $20 per month for off peak hours or $30 per month for peak hours.

Without season ticket, they charge $2.50 per entry throughout the day.

meepokman said:
lol.

$320??? This information is quite outdated. Now they are having a promotion and if I remember correctly, you only pay $230 for 6 months and $380 for a year for the Silver package. It allows you to go to the 4 gyms located in SAFRA Tampines, Yishun, Mount Faber and Toa Payoh. On top of this, they also provide 2 towels and locks. I wish that I had taken the 6 months or 1 year package earlier. BTW, you can forget about Gold because it only includes the use of gym in SAFRA Town Club. I heard that it is always overcrowded.

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.