Any good and cheap very easy to carry tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Retro!

We have a strange way of bumping into each other, online or in real life.

I must say, that last tour we did together was really fun.

I really enjoyed travelling with you and your wife.

BTW:- I might consider upgrading to this Velbon model.

http://www.velbon.co.uk/newvelbon/pages/ultramaxil.html

It weighs 1 kilo can is meant to carry 2 kilos of stuff -> I was overloading the p-max which was designed to carry 1.5 kilos.

wow.. the Velbon Ultra Maxi-L looks good leh.. any idea how muchie?

cheers

Anyone know?

hmm...found it HERE
, it is sellin at $165 sia..dun noe where else got it.

It can be found at:

1, North Bridge Road,
#02-05 High Street Road Centre,
Singapore 179094
Tel: 63399501

hmm...found it HERE
, it is sellin at $165 sia..dun noe where else got it.

It can be found at:

1, North Bridge Road,
#02-05 High Street Road Centre,
Singapore 179094
Tel: 63399501
If i'm not wrong, John 3:16 has it, i'll check it out for you guys when i go down, this weekend.

GMAN

I am considering these tripods...

Velbon Sherpa 550R
Velbon Sherpa 750R
Benro A550EX..perhaps with KB0A or KB-1 ballhead

Anyone own these sherpas before?

wat about slik 330DX ?

It's not bad. I was evaluating this and the Slik 400DX... It has a decent height and can take a decent amount of weight... But decided to go with the 400DX as it can open it's legs wide open such that the tripod can be set up really low... Which is a pretty nifty feature... At least for me...

In any case, I was at CP Marina Square and there were a couple of Slik tripods on promotion. My apologies for not noting down the model number, but I suppose it's worth a trip down to either CP to have a look.

wow.. the Velbon Ultra Maxi-L looks good leh.. any idea how muchie?

cheers

good for travel, easily slot into my 7milliondollarhome
no good when there's strong winds, yesterday night was at the barrage. cannot take the strong winds. stability i feel is slightly better than slik sprint pro
also note that the legs are twist release

no good when there's strong winds, yesterday night was at the barrage. cannot take the strong winds. stability i feel is slightly better than slik sprint pro

how much u got it for?

able to do some review on dis tripod? :)

how much u got it for?

Yeahh interested to know too

Was considering this or yongnuo nomad.... :confused::confused:

the solid/sturdiness is the tradeoff for the lightweight/portability i suppose. be careful during night shooting, strong winds can come from nowhere.

how much u got it for?

i dun think im experience enough to do a review on tripods
the only other tripod i've used is the slik sprint pro
because i go on backpacking trips i always go for the portable ones

Folded length: 36cm and Maximum working height: 152.5cm
at the time when i was searching around,
cannot find any other tripod that can be so short when retracted and reach an aceptable working height (for me)

what i dont like is the twist release legs.. troublesome when setting up/keeping :p

anyway its best u guys go down to the shops and compare the different models
different people different needs ma

the solid/sturdiness is the tradeoff for the lightweight/portability i suppose. be careful during night shooting, strong winds can come from nowhere.
heehee i exaggerated a bit
the winds were strong that night, but nt to the point of tripod flipping over
when i zoom in 10X in the liveview can see obvious vibration

im using this now. 1kilos and can hold up to 3k

Hi Shunzi

What is the heaviest lens you mounted on it?

I was using the GM series. My issue with it is that it can hardly withstand my D90 + 500g lens on potrait mode.

im using Gitai Travel tripod.. when folded only 40cm.. max height at 1.5m.. with ballhead, battery grip and camera, the view filder will be 1.7m plus.. =)

i got mine at the online store at JL Photo

Guys, I think the TS wants some suggestions on how to carry the tripod and not what tripod to buy.

You might want to share what your tripod model is (if i guess this one correctly)

Some easy and cheap way to carry tripod is maybe just to DIY a strap. Can go to those shops that sells military clips and loops and straps and DIY it using those.

I assume good means sturdy and light? The good ones are usually the expensive Gitzo or Manfro carbon fibres. Of course there are cheaper alternatives but you need compromise with the weight and stability. It's pretty hard to get it balanced. Hope you find your tripod!

Status
Not open for further replies.