Any free software that do batch process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo

Jun 6, 2004
west of "fine" country
Hi guys! can recommend any free software that is able to do batch processing like adding borders and signature? Currently using element 2.0 which is good enough for me, but cant do batch editting. Adding borders to 100+ picture on every trip can break my arm. Dont want to spend few hundreds $ to get software just to do batch processing. :eek: thanks in advance.

U can try breezebrowser.
Adding border & signature is quite fast. Use the "Proof" function.

Others may tell u use photoshop actions. Forget it. Takes time to configure.

yes it can. its a very advanced photoediting software so it can handle most things you need...

Photoshop 6 & above can do batch easily once u've recorded all ur processes into actions. :)

People, remember he's asking for free software. ;)

Newman said:
People, remember he's asking for free software. ;)

newman, he also asked about photoshop so we are not going out of topic... read the posts carefully.

Try irfanview.

It's free... does batch resizing, renaming, conversion, add borders, add overlay text etc.

henavs said:
Photoshop 6 & above can do batch easily once u've recorded all ur processes into actions. :)

can teach me how to do ?? still newbie to PS

gooseberry said:
Try irfanview.

It's free... does batch resizing, renaming, conversion, add borders, add overlay text etc.
can it??? I can only add text to a picture at a time leh..but I do know its able to do batch conversion, batch overlay can ah?

alechim said:
can it??? I can only add text to a picture at a time leh..but I do know its able to do batch conversion, batch overlay can ah?

Yeah, it can...

When you go into batch conversion, check the "use advanced options" checkbox, and then click on the "Set advanced options" button. Quite a few things you can do in batch.

gooseberry said:
Yeah, it can...

When you go into batch conversion, check the "use advanced options" checkbox, and then click on the "Set advanced options" button. Quite a few things you can do in batch.
okie will try that out!. thanks mate!

Why do you want to add borders to every picture, esp since it's the same border?

- If it's for print, the shop can do it for you.

- If it's for web, display the pic in a frame with a border. That way, the size of the border will not be added to every pic you save. Also, it's easier to add that border than get rid of it later on. And that 'live' frame would be customizable to boot.

Just something you might want to think about.

Anyway, i second Irfanview. Terrific piece of free software.

thanks all for the reply. i need to add border to every photo
cos i seldom print any more, my family member need to see the pic >burn each of them a disk haha save time/$$. border make the pic more esthetic, complement to my poor skill haha. :bsmilie:

showtime said:
newman, he also asked about photoshop so we are not going out of topic... read the posts carefully.

I think you should be the one who should be reading carefully. :rolleyes:
voodoo was asking about free software, not Photoshop. Anyway, he's got his answer finally.

Newman said:
I think you should be the one who should be reading carefully. :rolleyes:
voodoo was asking about free software, not Photoshop. Anyway, he's got his answer finally.

Yo folks.....cool man.....I'm the one who asked about photoshop... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.