Any F31fd users also own Nikon D40x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damkuff

Dec 16, 2006
Just wondering if any F31fd users own the new Nikon D40x? I like my F31fd but found out that it's slow (in focusing, between shots using flash - recycle time) when taking pics of our daughter who is a 11 months old speedy gonzales crawler! Other times, the F31fd is fantastic and the prints come out superb. Would the Nikon D40x be fast enough to shoot a 11 month old?

Own the elder brothers of both - the F30 and the D70. Both should be up to it, with the F30 set to High Speed Shooting on. :)

Just wondering if any F31fd users own the new Nikon D40x? I like my F31fd but found out that it's slow (in focusing, between shots using flash - recycle time) when taking pics of our daughter who is a 11 months old speedy gonzales crawler! Other times, the F31fd is fantastic and the prints come out superb. Would the Nikon D40x be fast enough to shoot a 11 month old?

dependent on amount of light for exposure which in turn is pretty much determined by...

Aperture, ISO, shutter speed and to some extent, lens used.

No one should expect a F31fd or any compact for that matter to match DSLRs for speed.... it is already fast compared to older compacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.