Any expiry for cleaning solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKCHNG

Jul 11, 2009
I'm using the normal type of cleaning solution which comes with a cloth, big blower, tissue paper...etc, those no brand $8 to $10 cleaning kit. I notice there's no expiry date stated on the solution bottle. Is there any expiry for cleaning solution ?

Last edited:
Good question, mine doesn't have too! :dunno:

not meant to be consumed internally, right? should it matter?

I'm just afraid if the solution has expiry and is expired, it might damaged the lens coating...

the problem is that when i bought the cleaning kit, i do not know how long it has been at the shop before i bought it.

I'm just afraid if the solution has expiry and is expired, it might damaged the lens coating...

Worst case is it won't just clean anymore because some ingredients have evaporated. Properly sealed bottles will keep all content and prevent impurities. When microwave ovens need warnings stickers about "Don't use to dry your pets!" then a cleaning solution for expensive lenses should not become corrosive without proper consumer warning, right?

Thanks Octarine, I think you got a good point there...guess I will just go and look for a more reputable brand or possibly a sealed bottle solution this weekend, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.