Any experiences in buying digicam at chinatown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
Hi, i have narrow dwn my PnS camera to casio now, mainly QVR41/51. I happen to passby chinatown today and was quote $530 (including GST) for the QVR51, i not sure if it is the final price, anyone have any experience to share with me? or maybe any other advise?
thanks alot!

try Alan photoin SLS level 1, for maybe cathy to get the "best prices"...

i think thery offer the most competitive prices and more variety to choose from right?

why not try canon? they make good digi cam too..

Hmm .. why not try the A70 ..

for a couple of bucks you can get the A80 with that price which can function as a pns mode as well as a semi pns camera :)

You might like to check out the reviews @ www.dpreview.com :)

coca88 said:
Hmm .. why not try the A70 ..

for a couple of bucks you can get the A80 with that price which can function as a pns mode as well as a semi pns camera :)

You might like to check out the reviews @ www.dpreview.com :)
What is pns?

cheatchu79 said:
point and shoot
Does it mean everything auto, just put your subject within the frame and shot that's all?

coca88 said:
Yes , this is the auto mode for most semi-pns cameras .

However , it may not capture what you want :p
Why do you say that is may not capture what you want? It is in terms of exposure and focus etc?

Ice said:
Why do you say that is may not capture what you want? It is in terms of exposure and focus etc?

There are several things that you can achieve when you make decision on how the picture is being taken

1) Controling the shuttle speed allows you to take the silky like waterfalls you see in a lot of postcards

2) Controling aperature allows you to take pictures where the object is focused and background is blurred

3) Focusing control allows you to focus on what you like and not leave it to the camera to decide what it thinks on what you want in a photograph .

Can't give you much help over here coz I'm an amateur learning to shoot too :p

A good reference which I find useful can be found here

http://www.betterphoto.com/allAbout.asp

Hope it helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.