any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

my dad used to have a few tanks of these. but somehow, the fishes always died or went missing :bsmilie:

i v lazy one just buy fissidens or moss on mesh and lay it on the soil lol. last time plant carpet manually can die.. can imagine the bangla worker lay carpet grass.

ADA gallery is the best! takashi amano (owner) is a LF shooter

I thought moss are generally low-maintenance?

i have the dubious honor of having duckweed and java moss die under my care .... yes they're virtually un-killable

i have the dubious honor of having duckweed and java moss die under my care .... yes they're virtually un-killable

Congrats....you can share tips with those who are trying to get rid of their duckweed

:bsmilie:

The best way to keep aquatic plants is to treat them like fishes.

Feed them, play with them and turn off the light to let them sleep or mate.

Always keep a happy frame of mind when you're in front of the tank.

When you're happy the plants are happy because they know you're happy.

The best way to keep aquatic plants is to treat them like fishes.

Feed them, play with them and turn off the light to let them sleep or mate.

Always keep a happy frame of mind when you're in front of the tank.

When you're happy the plants are happy because they know you're happy.

be3.jpg

4f35923e34365_bitch-please.png

i make my morning swig of kopi with my tank water because it is very nutritious from my EI dosing of N, P and K elements.

i dont use CO2 for the tank but I do pour half a can of club soda into it once a week to boost growth

Er.....dunno what u meant by turf? U mean a carpet effect? There are several plants you can use like moss, riccia and hairgrass. For moss and riccia, you will need to tie them to some object like wire mesh.

sorry, meant like grass. ok I think I'll go look for moss - the aquariums sell them tied to a mesh but super ex for each piece :(

sorry, meant like grass. ok I think I'll go look for moss - the aquariums sell them tied to a mesh but super ex for each piece :(

buy those tied in coconut cheaper..... or look out for those seller in AQ.

i dont use CO2 for the tank but I do pour half a can of club soda into it once a week to boost growth

why not pour potassium and nitrogen also??

Not much choice i think cos I want to plant grass on top of the substrate. I'll go look out anyway...thanks!!

read again, then i know you looking for grass... japanese grass is better.... if want lush look, riccia and mosses are nice, try flame moss...... java moss ok only as they are more untidy if grow much, always trimming....

using 2 tube t5 24 watts each is good enough, joust that if add fan, the mosses should grow much better.... if grow a lot, try grow extra as wall..... will be damn nice!!

Based on my experience, moss love cold water. Used to have a fan blowing the water surface of my 2ft tank.