Any comment 4 canon 500D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2007
hi, im a newbies for DSLR. thinking to buy 500D is it a good ideal to learn from this.:):) anybody can give a guide will appreciate.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
hi, im a newbies for DSLR. thinking to buy 500D is it a good ideal to learn from this.:):) anybody can give a guide will appreciate.
I would suggest that you read the other 2-3 "newbie here recommend me a camera" threads that pop up daily. Lots of good information in them already.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
500D is a pretty popular camera among novices.

the pricing is quite reasonable too.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
you can learn photography with ANY camera, but yes... the 500D is ideal, if that is the answer you're looking for.

nysheng

Sep 11, 2006
why do u want to get a dlsr? just because it's the 'in' thing?
i will normally recommend newbies to start out on a prosumer camera.. until u understand everything sufficiently and that the prosumer camera can no longer keep up with u. that's when u invest in a mid-range dslr

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Only you can say whether something is "ideal" for you .. but nobody knows long long it will stay "ideal". Yes, the camera can take decent pictures - but so can many other cameras as well (not only Canon). Learning to take good pictures doesn't require a specific camera - but rather reading skills and some good books. All can be found here, take your time to browse through the entire forum - not only Newbies Section.

Nov 11, 2008
why do u want to get a dlsr? just because it's the 'in' thing?
i will normally recommend newbies to start out on a prosumer camera.. until u understand everything sufficiently and that the prosumer camera can no longer keep up with u. that's when u invest in a mid-range dslr
yes and no... i got my 450D last year, was green n00b. i think it depends about how passionate you are abt it. if you want to go all the way and experiment with lenses, might as well get a DSLR and then don't need to keep changing cameras.

but i must further underline the fact that if you're getting a DSLR to look cool, please go save your money and buy something else. that is the thing that irks me the most.

nysheng

Sep 11, 2006
yes and no... i got my 450D last year, was green n00b. i think it depends about how passionate you are abt it. if you want to go all the way and experiment with lenses, might as well get a DSLR and then don't need to keep changing cameras.

but i must further underline the fact that if you're getting a DSLR to look cool, please go save your money and buy something else. that is the thing that irks me the most.
that's true.. TS has to ask him/herself whether it's what u want. consider portability too. dslr is kinda bulky to bring around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom