Any architecture or heritage lovers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
count me in ;) just bought a new cam, but not DSLR or anything but yeah~ think should do some relatively ok job ;p

going on a trip next weekend to japan, hopefully can get some nice architecture shots :cool:

The cutest shophouse!!! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

c0hr.jpg

c12cl.jpg

Joo Chiat Place I think...

I was too carried away to do real photography of them. :sweat:

Actually been thinking of shooting old buildings and shophouses because all these are going to be gone sooner or later... At least got some memories of the past when I am old:bsmilie:

Moonstone said:
Actually been thinking of shooting old buildings and shophouses because all these are going to be gone sooner or later... At least got some memories of the past when I am old:bsmilie:

Bro, do try Little India, got some unpreserved shophouses. Most shophouses here are under conservation status.

Little India has this unique and authentic charm. Little India was never a designated India settlement, unlike Chinatown and Kampong Glam.

redstone said:
Bro, do try Little India, got some unpreserved shophouses. Most shophouses here are under conservation status.

Little India has this unique and authentic charm. Little India was never a designated India settlement, unlike Chinatown and Kampong Glam.

Thanks pal for your info. Will definitely go down there to snap all those shophouses when the weather is good:)

wrx_sti_22b said:
One of my favourite in Singapore must be 82 Grange Road, The Colonnade. Designed by New York architect Paul Rudolph, most apartments have 9 metres high ceilings and large balconies that frame panoramic views of Singapore. Set amidst four acres of landscaped gardens with a recently upgraded pool deck commisioned by Kerry Hill Architects to further enhance the luxurious atmosphere.

My personal favourite is the new Supreme Court, designed by the CJ and executed by Norman Foster Architects. At night, when the lights come on, you see the transparency of the Chinese onyx contrast with the opaque cladding and marvel at how well the designers have collaborated to give birth to a building that complements Funan Center so well in that it too looks like a modern shopping center. It's a pity that its one revolving restaurant is currently not in operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.