Any 3rd party photo organiser for mac to intro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manfred Ng

May 16, 2004
Singapore land
Hi there, Was pretty new to mac. Orginally was trying IPhoto but as my library gets over 6k of photos, things starts to slow down terribly. Was introduce to IBuddy by some online forum, but this software too isn't too friendly, any one has any photo organising software to be used for mac to intro which works straight from the harddisk just like ACDSee and IrfranView for IBM pcs?

I need something that can work straight from the hardisk and not like IPhoto that split the files into directories referencing to the date that the picture was taken. This is not what i wanted.

CocoViewX or PhotoBrowser?
i've had friends who gave a thumbs up for them.

I use gBrowser. Works well for me as I don't like iPhoto arranging my pics. You can see screenshots here. There's a folder browser on the left and thumbnails of your photos on the right. However the slideshow function doesn't work on my mac and it doesn't seem to be in development anymore (latest version is dated Oct 2002). It's freeware though.

iview media pro is good but expensive.

I like to use viewit to preview my photos, then double click them to launch in PS to edit.

Just use your preview to sort your pics first then edit them in PS. No slideshow tho.

i just chanced upon Roxio's Motion Pictures HD. seems easy to use for creating video slideshows.

I thought he's asking for a organizer not viewer etc! Anyway, aparts from iPhoto, Aperture, you may want to look at package like Extensis Portfolio, Canto Cumulus, or Fotostation.

As mentioned about, you can do some organizing with iView Media Pro as well.

Do aware as well there's already a database running on your Mac if you're on Tiger. Spotlight and SQLite are running already... you can search thru the keyword and etc in the IPTC via Spotlight.

you can try this also

I prefer a fast viewer, hence I organize my photos myself, into folders, properly labled. Then I use PhotoGrid, or PhotoGridX to view, quite simple to make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.