Any 300D users having their shutter dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4vid

May 12, 2004
I've heard many users in DPReview reporting issues with their 300D shutter, that is when after 10,000 + clicks the shutter just die (err99..). To resolve this issue, Canon need to replace the shutter (cost USD$300?).

My question is: do we have any 300D users in Singapore who has this issue? after how many clicks? and how much did it cost to replace it?

Thx.

Not that expensive. Ard $200 from what I last heard. I saw yr thread u r selling 300D. You might want to indicate how many shots u have taken so far. I think it would be a concern for others as well.

My 10D shutter died on me last year, about 20k clicks. Canon replaced it free under warranty.

This just goes to show that during warranty period you better shoot as much as you can and try to kill the shutter, before it dies after the warranty is over. :D

Same here .... got my shutter changed before selling it to another person :) ..... at least I know he will not have problems with the shutter. :D

West_ray said:
does this prob applies only to digital bodies ? wat happ if the shutter dies? it just doesnt open ?

Film SLR as well... but on film, you are not gonna fire at the rate you do on digital SLR as film and dev. needs money.

Digital == you paid up front! Film == you pay later... :devil:

West_ray said:
does this prob applies only to digital bodies ? wat happ if the shutter dies? it just doesnt open ?

Yep. On the 10D, you get a Err99 on every shot.

didnt know about this problem, at least i know it is the shutter. if not I will be suspecting that it is the cf card that is giving the problem. anyway i am still far away from the 10,000 mark :)

Status
Not open for further replies.