Any 3-way pan-and-tilt head to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yildun

Aug 2, 2004
Singapore, Central
I see many posts of people recommending ball heads but few recommending 3-way pan-and-tilt heads. Are 3-way pan-and-tilt heads really inferior to ball heads? I'm sure there are good ones out there.

I'm looking for one to go with the manfrotto 055PRO. Ideally, it should be of good built (metal == good build??) yet not too heavy (else it will be very heavy at the top with all the camera and stuffs, resulting in a top-heavy structure ==> unstable)

So any recommendations?

If you could, try to give the price and where to get them. Thanks.

i using the manfrotto magnesium 3D head for the 055proB cos the 055proB is heavy already... den need something magnesium or lighter metal to reduce weight... its the only magnesium pan tilt head from manfrotto...

if you want
-lightweight head
-dun need to support too much weight
go for 460MG

if you
- need to support much weight
there's the 029 ...

Thank you, Del_CtrlnoAlt, Kit and iceberg.

No more pan-and-tilt head worthy of mention here?

I have a 141RC (Manfrotto) that I do not use anymore. If you are interested. PM me.
;)

I'm currently using a Gitzo three-way head... the G1172M model... it's lightweight (0.8 kg as quoted from the Gtizo website) and easy enough to use. =)

pinkfuzzycat said:
I'm currently using a Gitzo three-way head... the G1172M model... it's lightweight (0.8 kg as quoted from the Gtizo website) and easy enough to use. =)

Thanks, I have looked up the item but find the max load capacity a tad low for my liking and the pricing a little high at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.