maddog said:
New AntiSpyware from Microsoft.

Install at your own risk. :devil:
a bit skeptical and worried when coming to M$ products... Hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Maybe should switch OS ...

romeo said:
a bit skeptical and worried when coming to M$ products... Hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Maybe should switch OS ...

You mean you don't mind installation the OS but not apps from the same company?

Antispyware...

Hmm.... Its silly to install a software to remove the spywares and install a spyware. :D

Big brother is watching
devil.gif

so in other words, it is a spyware masquerading as an antispyware program? :think:

This "new" product from MS is not actually new... MS recently (about a month ago) bought out Giant Antispyware - which was a fairly good antispyware product - but it wasn't free like AdAware or Spybot Search and Destroy. After the purchase was announced, most downloadable versions of the software were taken down (you can still find the original installer if you know where to look). Having just looked at this piece of software from Microsoft, it's seems to be exactly the same piece of software, just rebranded with Microsoft instead of Giant.

AReality said:
So how good is it compared to other anti-spywares?

Not sure, personally, as I haven't really had any spyware on my machine to say how effective it is at removing them (probably because I surf with Firefox and Opera and never use IE) - but I've read reviews of Giant AntiSpyware and people mention that it can be more effective than AdAware and Spybot at detecting and removing certain things. Whether that's true or not, I can't say.

I find it funny how it's the buggy POS software that is IE that is the main cause of spyware on machines and MS decide to bring out an antispyware product instead of fixing IE. Wonder if they'll charge people for it in future, since this is released as a beta.

I'm using the Giant antispyware in my line of work. Honestly speaking, it is much better than adaware and spybot combined. It removes proxy jackers and marketscore better than any other antispyware program i've tested before.

think M$'s antispyware won't come free and probably not bundled with their windoze (especially in the next version)

M$ not free? God no... :bsmilie:

they better dun come free ;p
if not i will be out of job

Status
Not open for further replies.